Easter TNs: 2019 Baudry Chinon Rose; 2005 de la Folie Rully; 2017 Baudry Chinon Boissie

2019 B. Baudry Chinon Rose: Pale salmon color, gentle and soft on the palate, but detracted by a bit of spice and heat on finish. Better with food than on its own and I wanted to like this more than I did.

2005 de la Folie Rully Clos de Bellecroix cuvee Marey: Dark crimson color. On nose, large scaled and well fruited with aromas of cherry and minerals, with some menthol in the background. Not as large on the palate, more mineral than fruit but overall just too big for its britches to be considered good burgundy to me. Hold if you have any; this was an orphan. Would not buy this again based on this bottle.

2017 B. .Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissee: Tried the first of 6. Purple red. Aromas need to be coaxed out of glass. But with some swirling, such pure and textbook cab franc on the nose with a touch of Baudry funk. Wonderful fruit, but showing a bit reductive and closed today. It needs another half dozen years to start to become approachable, and will clearly go a lot longer from there, but a nice snapshot into the excellent underlying materials and structure. Glad I have more.