Personal Wine Delivery Casual Dinner :)

Good friends who own a great wine shop in the San Diego area drove out to personally deliver 2-3 years worth of purchases - a business/pleasure drive if you ask me :slight_smile:. First time we’ve had people visit from out-of-town since last March - I’m itching to ramp up our Covid safe gatherings - LOL! Cranked up the grill and cooked everything outside under almost perfect outdoor conditions. Didn’t overdo the amount of wine as this morning showed up quick… I’ve been staging MANY bottles that I want to try with friends over the past year and these are just a few - all turned out just about perfect.
IMG_1749.jpg
2006 Bouchard Père et Fils Corton-Charlemagne Domaine: This has been drinking great for a while now - think I have maybe 2-3 bottles left out of a couple case purchase a while back. Anyways, Bouchard whites always show an elegant classicism that shines through - never overpowering - always dependable. This wine is no different and is a gulp of fresh air. Orchard fruits - tinge of citric - melon cream - balanced. Maybe not the best vintage for this wine but this one pleases right now.

1999 Etienne Sauzet Chevalier-Montrachet: Touches of all natural oxidation - none more than expected in a 20+ yr old white burgundy. Started with bright cold orange scents, spiced peach, citrus cream. Fanned out nicely in the glass with much more pear fruit and tart flavors - lined with minerals. Not a drop your pants Chevy experience but well worth opening this one - liked this a touch better than the Bouchard in the end.

2008 Coche-Dury Puligny-Montrachet Les Enseignères: Last time I opened one of these was maybe 3-4 years ago and remember that it was still very young back then - still have 3-4 bottles I think. This wine is still fantastic and drinks even better now - cool fresh rainwater. Just slight tinges of bright Coche reduction to start that has really integrated. Fresh, Fresh, Fresh - orchard fruits and perfect levels of acidity to cut all of the density that it’s hiding - cuts all around the tongue. The sense of balance from this village wine can’t be denied - it’s a level above. Anyway, this drinks well now and would please anyone with it in their glass.

2011 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Richebourg: IMHO - the 2011 DRC stable is spot on delicious - classic - and build to overachieve 20-30-40yrs from now. Still, this vintage drinks great right now - so much density with bright berry aromas, truffles, earth density. The spice from both the vintage characteristics and vinification treats this wine well. Was GREAT with the steaks!

CHEERS

4 Likes

4 bottles wasn’t overdoing it ?!

It isn’t a party until you get over two+ bottles per person :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weren’t there six of you? Then this has to be part 1 of your notes?!?

x5 for dinner - kept us all hydrated - self titrated on a “school” night - fit as a fiddle in the morning :slight_smile: