TN: NV Billecart-Salmon Champagne Brut Rosé (France, Champagne)

I’ve had this favorite of many here so many moons ago that as far as wine drinking goes I am not even the same person anymore. I had fairly high expectations but was not disappointed. There is such a wide range of rosé styles out there that I don’t know if I can necessarily call it ”grower-esque” but I do find it more singular and vinous than most grande marque rosés. Not the greatest value in the world but not a bad one either. A wine of both intellectual interest and pleasure.

• NV Billecart-Salmon Champagne Brut Rosé - France, Champagne (9.4.2021)
    From a half bottle. The orange/salmon color is just lovely. The nose is nuanced and elegant with cherry, red apple, tangerine, slight toast and hints of spices. The mousse is fairly large and gentle, yet persistent. The overall feel is quite dry yet generous with a pretty lush texture. There is a nice bitter streak that together with the agrume notes remind me of a Negroni. The palate is not terribly complex but there is a real wine beneath the mousse and it has both character and poise. Quite the length too, it lingers on the palate for an admirably long time.

Posted from CellarTracker

This is our house Rosé and the NV Bollinger Special Cuvée is our house blend. Both because I can usually find them at what I consider good price points for the quality of the wines.

Our house Rose champagne as well. Had a really nice mix of yeasty/ biscuitiness mixed with the rose and fruit while being very dry. The fact it’s relatively easy to find in 1/2 bottles is a nice bonus.

on everyone’s list of top rosé champagnes. Even better in magnum. I like to lay it down for 5 years, really mellows the aggressiveness.

It’s a big splurge (high $100s to low $200s?), but the Cuvée Elisabeth Salmon vintage rose is out of this world good. Everything you like about the NV rose, then another big step or two up in quality.

I always enjoy it but will take Camille Saves Rose NV at about a third less in price any day.

My wife and I really enjoy this wine. Luckily we see a lot of it at our club (in normal times). RTPL

Thanks for the TN. I’ve always enjoyed this wine

A house favorite rosé and I just got three more magnums.

Cannot think of a more consistently good and enjoyable rose.

I’ll be right over.