info re red Bdx to try

I think “FV” + “WS” is really useful to me re this, as I have some idea of some of FV’s palates, and very little of those on WB or BWE {other than JH disliking GPL, which I do not (esp. 2016)} Most everybody seems to like the 2010 Cantemerle (I am currently drinking some with great pleasure, though I think it will continue to improve: it is my third of 4 glasses tonight, and I have loved every one). Parker and I both gave it 94.5 years ago. I also bought some 2010 D’Armailhac and lots of 2010 {& 2009) Gloria because of a high QPR. When I tried higher-scoring wines from those great years I was often disappointed, as I did not think them much better and they did not have an acceptable QPR. Fortunately things were much better re 2015 and 2016. WS(= Wine Searcher) is great for prices and availability. K & L can also be useful re critics scoring. The number of wine glasses ratings given by Clyde Beffa Jr. can also be of help, as he considers value as well as quality.

RTPL

I have been enjoying 2010 Vieux Robin at K&L. Medium bodied, peppery and lively value BDX. Ready to drink now. I also think Clyde Beffa’s recommendations are reliable.

1 Like

Please stop the stupidity.

To Ron Erickson: I am very sorry, as I wish I could, but I do not think I can stop your “S”. RTPL

Sir - From a personal perspective, and offered in a spirit of respect, I have no idea what all the initials mean in your post nor their significance. And I have no interest to find out.
My sense from reading your many posts here and the responses, is that some members have tended to become frustrated over your numeric calculations which, to me, are meaningless.
I do not follow Robert Parker nor care what numbers he gives to a wine.

I would rather read a simple note about how and why you enjoyed a 2010 Cantemerle and how the wine tasted to you on a personal basis. Why did it give you joy? Obviously, you liked it as you drank 4 glasses this evening.
I don’t care about any number you or anyone else, critic or novice, ascribed nor the equation or formula you used to give it such a number.
Write something about the wine and your experience. I think it will be more interesting.

Is there a reason why you keep creating new threads rather than just posting in the older ones you have started? (Your threads all seem to be on the same topic and type of wines)

Further, I think you’ll find that many on this forum are not ‘point-chasers’ and prefer tasting notes and discussion on styles/tastes.

One thread is locked. Charlie sent RTP private messages when RTP said he couldn’t respond to emails. The behavior isn’t going to change, why anyone thinks it might is mystifying. Maybe the mods think they’re giving him one last chance but the only solution will be to eliminate posting privileges.
In the mean time don’t click if he riles you up, otherwise you’re exhibiting the same compulsive behavior.

Richard, perhaps it is not wise to imbibe while you are convalescing. Focus on your health for now, we can continue the discussion of left-bank Bordeaux and scores once you have returned to home healthy and whole.

1 Like

I responded (way late) to the private messages. I was very ignorant of the protocols. My messages fairly often got blocked or disappeared, or so it seemed to me. Re computers, though I don’t consider myself stupid, it is hard for an old dog to learn new tricks and the constant changes to systems (or whatever) that I liked are bothersome. Ad of now I plan no new posts and little viewing of others’ posts. On to FV,VN and WS, which supply the information I need,. It is only because I have so much time on my hands that I mistakenly spent any time on wine forums, which I cannot say was a good idea. RTPL

To Chris Crutchfield: I had my lone glass of wine a night a long time ago. Thanks, but i feel pretty healthy now and hope to get a good result from Monday’s catscan.

RTPL

I hope you get a good result.

Richard: glad to hear you are feeling better. In your original post you said you had 3 of 4 glasses of wine tonight, but now you only had one?

To Chris Crutchfield: I fear I put things badly: I should have said “tonight I had my third of the four glasses in a bottle (I am only allowed one glass of wine a night).”
Sorry, RTPL

I have to say, whilst I dont mind the points thing, this series of posts of late make me want to ban all mentioning of points so as to never hear about this arbitrary system again.

Richard: thanks for clarifying. Moderation is the key to health. Glad to hear you are enjoying the 2010 Cantemerle.

JohnWoo wrote:
I also think Clyde Beffa’s recommendations are reliable.

+1. And also Ralph Sands.

Ed