A Coupla Ramonet '18's

2018 Jean-Claude Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet: This is really lovely. There’s a gentle, sun kissed quality of the vintage but it is also really bright and back-lit with fine, minerally acidity. White peach fruit is perfectly ripe. There’s a suggestion of white flowers and a touch of spearmint. It has lovely shape in the mouth and finishes with good cut.

2018 Jean-Claude Ramonet Bouzeron: Feels like it was picked relatively early. The nose is all grapefruit and preserved lemon. The palate is quite compact, with loads of citrus and saline minerality, It finishes with good cut and some fresh, bitter peel notes.

But…but…aren’t you aware that 2018 white burgundy sucks?

Thanks for the notes. Very useful as always.

Coincidentally I just nabbed a couple of each of these, so thanks for the notes!

Blissfully unaware.

I’ve had people tell me so recently, often after I’ve tasted one I found delicious. So glad I don’t seem to know either.

Very much my experience as well. The 2018’s I’ve had so far are really good.

Domaine Leflaive’s '18 Bourgogne Blanc a couple of nights ago was as good a version of this wine as I’ve had in a while.

1 Like

A recent ‘18 Leflaive Puligny Combettes was extraordinary. (But not quite as extraordinary as a recent ‘17 Leflaive Folatieres)

Friends,

So you are already drinking the 2018s and they taste great. Good to know.
As a vintage I have very mixed opinions on the 2013 White Burgundies. Disappointing and I had MOREAU and RAMONET.
SINCERELY JOHAN

*So you are already drinking the 2018s and they taste great. Good to know.

Johan…you are new here newhere

You are in a wine-board in USA. Do you know what it means …ITB ? [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Dear Peter,

ITB??? Never heard of it…

SINCERELY JOHAN

Thanks as always for your notes, Jeremy. I haven’t had anything upper-end, but a Domaine de la Choupette Puligny drank just fine. With that said, I’m probably still going to chase 17s and 14s if I can find them in priority, but you and Sarah give me hope for 18s now too.

Haere Ra,

Mike

Johan…I suspected that you did not know.

Please take a closer look at post No. 2 and No. 5…you will notice the following line…just after the end of the message. You will see this line :

****Sort of ITB - my husband imports a small amount of sake and I help out ***

Please also take a closer look at Post No. 1, 4, 7 and &…you will notice the following line …just after the end of the message. You will see this line :

ITB*

So may I politely inform you if you are posting messages here and you are In The Business or to help a relative in dealing with grand cru Richeboug, you should put the line ITB after your message. blahblah

Lived Life. With Love. Full Cup.

I love the above. flirtysmile

Here is one of very famous poet by the Chinese Wine God Lee Pak under the title - Going To Drink Wine :

My Dear Friends : did you not see the water,raining down from the sky, flows eastward to the sea and it will never return ?
My Dear Friends: did you not see your mother, standing in front of a clear mirror, wonders why her hair turned white overnight ?
Life should be enjoyed to its fullness; do not face the full moon with empty glass.
…so please open a bottle of wine,and should not stop filling the glass;
Since ancient time the saints and the sages are always lonely but the wine lovers will always leave their names behinds…

Peter, Thanks for lertting me in on this…
SINCERELY JOHAN

Thanks very much, Peter. This has been my “6-word life memoir” for a long, long time now. I have seen no reason to change it—though I do have a couple of “alternates”

Corrupting others…in best way possible!

Being different and making a difference

A bientot, j’espere

Mike

Mike…thanks for those wise words. I love them.

You are a great son and I am sure your parents appreciate you.

The trees would prefer quietness, but the wind blows. The son would like to repay but the parents are no longer here.