Downtown Seattle Wineries/Tasting rooms?

We’re Seattle bound in May. Are there any wineries or tasting rooms downtown Seattle?

We plan on day tripping to Snoqualmie Falls. Is there a winery out in that direction, or in a wide loop back to the airport or downtown? We’ll have a full day. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

It’s not downtown–but don’t think Napa has this many wineries per square mile:

There’s a little cluster of tasting rooms in SoDo, less than a 10 minute drive from downtown. There’s another cluster in Woodinville that Josh linked to above (about 30-40 min drive from downtown Seattle depending on traffic).

SODo is pretty hopping imo. Short Uber from downtown. Woodinville more options but further away and sometimes a traffic nightmare.

I think where you really want to go is Woodinville…

2 Likes

Yes. Possibly hundreds of choices. There is nothing near Snoqualmie Falls.

+1 for Woodinville. Be sure to check out The Herbfarm if you have the time

Yup… the one I’m familiar with is the Tasting Room on Post St a few blocks above the Pike Market.
It’s a cooperative tasting of several WashState wineries.
It’s run by a good friend of mine… Robert Goodfriend whom I’ve known from his days as a chef in SantaFe.
Tom

If you are in that part of town, it isn’t much farther to go to Cadence in South Park or Charles Smith (Jet City tasting room) in Georgetown. Plenty of other wineries and breweries in the area, and even distilled spirits.

1 Like

In downtown Seattle, try Purple, a restaurant with a big wine list, a big wine tower, and a $0 corkage fee. One of my favorites.
Phil Jones

what days of the week are you doing this?

This will be midweek.

Woodinville is an easy drive from Snoqualmie Falls and it makes perfect sense to combine the two.

Snoqualmie Falls should be really ripping in May.

Well, they are 25-30 miles apart. Thus my comment that nothing is near Snoqualmie Falls. And depending on the day/time, it could be a less than easy drive. Living in the area, I would never think of them as in the same vicinity. By ripping do you mean water flow or tourist flow? Both places will be packed with people if the weather is nice.

Too bad the tasting room in CHOP closed. They had some great bottles of Boones Hill to try.

Was in Woodinville in late October and enjoyed Matthews, Delille and Januik

Whole lot of breweries you can check out, too. In Woodinville and in SoDo.

I guess it depends on when you have to be back at the airport or downtown, but I agree that Snoqualmie to Woodinville to airport/downtown is a long day. Particularly if you want to walk around Snoqualmie Falls, and if you want to see a number of wineries. My advice would be to either:

1. Do Snoqualmie and the SODO (south of downtown) Seattle tasting rooms. The latter are all one complex (and as noted you can drive nearby to a few others if interested). You could easily hit a number of tasting rooms in an hour or two (though I am not sure about the COVID protocols and whether you need reservations or not). That would then give you some decent time at the Falls. You might do the Falls first – likely to be less traffic and less crowded.

2. Drop Snoqualmie Falls and head out to Woodinville. Woodinville has lots and lots of options. The warehouse district has lots of wineries (50 plus?), so lots of options there and once you park you can just walk from tasting room to tasting room. Or you can go downtown, where you can also park and walk to a good many wineries (not fifty, but perhaps 15-20?) My numbers are probably off but you get the idea.

Just my two cents. :0)

1 Like

Downtown to Snoqualmie Falls in the morning and Woodinville in the afternoon and back to downtown would be a lovely trip and a very nice loop. It would not be an overly long day. You could spend multiple days tasting in Woodinville. The biggest problem will be that mid-week a lot of tasting rooms won’t be open so you might have to make special arrangements if there is somewhere you particularly want to taste.

Dan,

Plan on rough traffic mid-week, especially after 3pm. The freeways can get notoriously bad. But since you are in NYC, why not take a lovely trip to Niagara Falls? Unlike Snoqualmie, it actually has a wine region. [wink.gif] If you do go to Snoqualmie Falls, you can spend 15 minutes at the viewing lookout and be done. If you decide to hike down to the base, you’ll need a couple of hours there.

1 Like

Dan, is the reason you ask about downtown because your hotel is downtown?

1 Like