Very educational blind tasting with Frank Murray and 'book club' - Foretti's in Corona Del Mar, 4/21/21

Frank Murray invited me to his ‘book club’ gathering, as it was finally once again in person, and it was glorious to be out with a collective of 7 wine lovers, all vaccinated, inside a restaurant (that had open air setup, nonetheless) and feel almost like things were as they used to be. Amazing night, and the food was spectacular - anyone in the area, I HIGHLY recommend going, and we will definitely return.

Frank was the host, and I was a guest of his, as the book club is 5 guys who do this each once a year, where the host provides all the wines, all blind, and tries to trick the attendees, or, in Frank’s case, both trick AND educate. His wines were very thought-provoking, and I had such a great time.

First flight: (each flight Frank would try to coax details out of us, our thoughts, trying to find varietals, or themes, and he’d never reveal anything too early. I’ll explain each of the flights in tasting notes first, then what the discussions were in order to see how the ‘reveal’ happened)

1: Sweet yellow apple on the nose, bright and lively mouthfeel, very fine bubbles, rich and creamy, finishes with Meyer lemon, beautiful.
2: Shy nose, an extremely ‘fizzy’ pour, gettign more of a yeast note on this compared to the others, ocean air salinity, perhaps a vintage wine, big and expressive mouthfeel, I guessed Pinot Meuniere, very confident in this, but I was the only one who thought so
3: Poured with another crazy amount of fizz, mineral and green apple nose, more green apple on the palate, palate was less lively than I’d expect from the pour, long finish, citrus-focused and definitely low or no dosage.

We discussed what we thought the wines were, what we guessed themes might be. I stuck with Pinot Meuniere and eventually guessed that they were ALL Pinot Meuniere as the theme, as another guessed Chardonnay on one and Frank shot it down. I had Pinot Meuniere on the brain because I had just told Frank that I was thankful for him introducing me to the wines of Cedric Moussé, which I have been loving on since I first had them, and I know he’s Pinot Meunier focused, if not exclusive. Shockingly…two of the wines were exactly that!
1: NV Mousse Fils Champagne Blanc de Meuniers Premier Cru Brut Zero Les Vignes de Mon Village
2: 2016 Nicolas Maillart Champagne Premier Cru Mont Martin
3: NV Mousse Fils Champagne Blance de Meuniers Premier Cru Bruz Zero Les Vignes de Mon Village

As you can see, 1 and 3 are the ‘same’ wine, but they aren’t - this is a perpetual wine by Mousse, and absolutely fascinating just how different the 3rd one was from the 1st, with only the addition of 2017 into the blend. We were absolutely shocked at how much brighter, more acidic, citrus-focused it was over the 1st. Each wine has 2014-2016 in it, and the addition of 2017 turned this perpetual blend into a vastly different wine. Awesome flight, each wine was spectacular.

2nd Flight:

4: Floral nose, very fine bubbles, great liveliness, green apple and key lime, has a ‘burst’ in the mid-palate that is really exciting, long finish. Guessed Pinot Noir-based

5: A still wine, but smells like Champagne, not a still wine aroma, so I’m immediately going with a Coteaux Champenois for that reason. I’m getting a HINT of TCA but, of course, nobody else agrees with me. Palate has sweet white flowers, I’m guessing perhaps Chenin Blanc.

Frank really made us think on this one. I was convinced, without any doubt, that 5 had to be a Coteaux Champenois, for that nose alone. However, it couldn’t be that if it was Chenin, so Chenin was quickly dismissed. I then started wondering if it was a non-skin-contact still Pinot Noir…and it was. Fascinating. Another taster guessed Pinot Blanc on the bubbles (#4) and that was correct. Never had a Pinot Blanc-based Champagne, that I know of, and it was another fantastic wine.

4: 2014 Piollot Champagne Colas Robin Brut Nature
5: 2016 Marie Courtin Coteaux Champenois Le Blanc de Tremble

We had a BONUS pour from the restaurant that blew us away as well - Steve Nordhoff, a co-owner of the restaurant, didn’t even know what his colleague was pouring us. On first opening/pouring, the nose had some orange blossoms, but I smelled what I usually describe as ‘malo’, though I don’t know exactly what it is. Most of us put it aside as Frank’s wines were far more interesting, and we had ‘work’ to do in order to figure out what they were. About 10 minutes later, this wine completely transformed, and it was so alluring. Very sweet white floral (like plumeria, orange blossoms), apricot, very sweet aroma but dry wine, super complex. I guessed Italian white, perhaps high end Falanghina…it was 2016 Gaja Rossj-Bass Langhe (Chardonnay) - amazing. Glad I had the chance to try it, as it’s unlikely I’ll ever even SEE it again!

3rd Flight:

My random guesswork was going VERY well until this point, at which time I crashed and burned in a humble heap.

‘White bag’ (6): Based on my lucky track record on some of the earlier wines (pure guesswork, mind you, not knowledgable whatsoever…just knowing a bit about Frank and how he tries to trick us), I had 100% confidence this wine was Halcon Alturas, as I recognized it by smell immediately.
‘Orange bag’ (7): Lighter bodied, perhaps grenache? Red strawberry, light finish, good acid
8: First impression was a Pisoni vineyard Pinot. Had some pepper to it, though, but that unique aroma and the red fruits kept me at Pisoni Pinot.

3 strikes and I was out. One of the wines WAS Halcon Alturas…but not the one I guessed so confidently! Furthermore, the wine I recognized IS a wine I"ve had multiple times in the past, and was nowhere near correct in the varietal, which was Cab Franc! Several were talking about the first wine (6) being cab based, and I struck it down each time. Oops.

6: 2014 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Crois Boissee (yes, I’ve had this wine multiple times (not this vintage, specifically) and enjoyed it very much, still have 18 bottles or so of it in my cellar, from riper vintages than 2014. Wrong about all of it, oops)
7: 2019 Model Farm Syrah La Cruz Vineyard
8: 2018 Halcon Vineyards Syrah Alturas (there she is! A wine I’ve long loved CONTINUES to evade me blind! Each time I have this wine, other than tonight, I guess St. Joseph, which is one of the reasons I keep buying it. I think anytime I drink any red wine blind, ever, I’ll just guess Halcon Alturas each time so at some point in my life, I’ll peg it blind!)

Awesome tasting, clearly with a lot of thought put in it. Hopefully Frank posts his notes here as well, as I just read them and they are extraordinary and detailed.

Thank you Frank and the gang, and Steve, I can see why you became an owner in this restaurant (Foretti’s) - it’s among the best Italian restaurants I’ve been to in many years.

4 Likes

I’ll get my notes up and thoughts posted by tomorrow. Man, it was just nice to be out with friends in a normal setting after more than a year.

Two people called the Coteaux Champenois blind, Todd and Paul. Who does that? A 100% Pinot Noir (is it a white wine or a red wine without color) with a giant matchstick nose and chenin like palate. I played it safe and went white burg.

I got the Pinot Blanc call correct but that was a stab in the dark.

Todd, the 2016 Gaja Langhe Rossj Bass is labeled Chardonnay but has 5% Sauvignon Blanc. I wonder if that’s where the nose comes from.

I really got schooled this time.

Todd, thanks for the thoughtful and detailed recap of the event. My intent last night was to first create context, and then create contrast. Hence, Pinot Meunier for context and then two of Cedric’s wines, with just a small alteration, for contrast. The Maillart was added to also help create contrast. This is how I wanted to roll all three flights. And, to drink them blind, to learn and prompt discussion. My notes follow, to help enrich the post here.

Wine is special, wine can glue people together, and despite COVID and all the political theatre of the past year, it was good last night to be free of all that stuff and just be together. Tonic for my soul.

BOOKCLUB–WINES TASTED BLIND - (4/22/2021)

• NV Moussé Fils Champagne Blanc de Meuniers Premier Cru Brut Zéro Les Vignes de Mon Village - France, Champagne
    Poured blind. 100% Pinot Meunier from the village of Cuisles, no dosage, done in stainless steel and elevage under cork (not cap). This is the 2018 disgorgement, so it is built with just the 2014 - 2016 vintage blend. We tasted this disgorgement alongside the 2019 disgorgement, and last night I preferred the 2018 disgorgement. Yellow apple, good mineral like a slate, gunpowder, caramel and raspberry. Becomes lightly creamy with more air. The lesson here worth reinforcing is that in a perpetualle assembly like Vignes de Mon Village, you gotta know what’s in it. And with the addition of the 2017 base wine to the 2019 disgorgement, it really does create a contrast with the 2018. And as this cuvee moves forward, and we see the 2020 disgorgement released this year, which will now include the 2018 vintage, it would be instrucutve again to put the different disgorgements side by side.
  • 2016 Nicolas Maillart Champagne Premier Cru Mont Martin - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru
    Poured blind. And I purposely arrayed this Maillart right in between two different disgorgements of Mousse’s Mon Village, which is a perpetualle blend of Pinot Meunier. And as this Maillart being composed of Pinot Meunier, it created additional context with those two wines, too. The Mon Village is non-dose, whereas the Maillart has 4 g/l of dosage and is also raised in wood, which helped add even more contrast. Ultimately, the Maillart stuck out as richer, citrusy more flashy and seductive with peaches and some chalk. I liked the Maillart but ultimately the 2018 disgorgement of the Mousse Mon Village beat the Maillart for me.
  • NV Moussé Fils Champagne Blanc de Meuniers Premier Cru Brut Zéro Les Vignes de Mon Village - France, Champagne
    Poured blind. 100% Pinot Meunier from the village of Cuisles, no dosage, done in stainless steel and elevage under cork (not cap). This is the 2019 disgorgement, so it includes the 2014 - 2016 perpetualle blend, plus the addition of 40% 2017. We tasted this disgorgement alongside the 2018 disgorgement, which is just the 2014 - 2016 assembly It’s interesting to me how just merely adding the 2017 wine to the cuvee can change it so markedly. The 2017 wine takes the cuvee into a zestier, brighter, leaner experience. Lime, green apple (versus the more suave yellow apple that really defines the 2018 disgorgement). Also in the 2019 is tangerine, pineapple, and a spicy impression. My sense now is that the disgorgement one prefers will come down to what you want to taste: suave and more creamy with the 2018 or the more driven 2019.

• 2014 Piollot Champagne Colas Robin Brut Nature - France, Champagne
    Poured blind. My second bottle this month, same disgorgement of May 2019. 100% Pinot Blanc, no dosage, created from 65 year old vines on Kimmeridgian soil, farmed biodynamically. This really showed a nice floral aromatic last night. Juicy and round, lots of flavor and yet with the absence of dosage, there is still some austerity here that I enjoy. Cantaloupe melon, spearmint and a wet stone finish. I really like this wine and I’m intent on trying more off Piollot’s cuvees.
  • 2016 Marie Courtin Coteaux Champenois Le Blanc de Tremble - France, Champagne, Coteaux Champenois
    Poured blind, and I arrayed this wine within the context of the Champagne flights. In hindsight, it might have been more instructive to have wedged this into a white wine flight, to help create distance between it and the bubblies. This is 100% Pinot Noir, farmed off the slope where Dominique gets her other fruit for the outstanding bubbly cuvees she makes in Polisot. The wine sees no skin contact so it’s completely clear. It’s raised in two different 500L amphorae, one of clay and the other of sandstone. It has alcohol and pH impressions that are in line with her bubbly cuvees, too. I don’t drink much Coteaux Champenois, as it’s hard to find and it’s a piecemeal strategy, to find a bottle here, a bottle there. So, my experiences here are new but based on tasting this wine from Dominique, I like the result. The texture was polished and one of our guys at the table called White Burg. Stone fruit, strawberry. I wish I had more to taste today but the bottle was polished at the table and overall, I thought the group enjoyed it and it also created some good conversation.

• 2014 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon La Croix Boissée - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon
    First of two that I bought back in 2017. Poured blind, I arrayed this in the same flight as two CA Syrahs, putting this Baudry at the front of the flight. My intent was to get a non-Syrah wine that still had the effusive aromatics to make the guys think. It worked. Some called aged Cab, another Grenache. And I think the two Syrahs forced them off their gut instinct to think about the wine on its own rather than the peers it was arrayed with, as no one called Cab Franc. Yet, the wine showed as I expected, with tobacco leaf and some bell pepper. One guy at the table called Brett on the wine, although I didn’t really sense it as the wine showed pretty clean to me. Juicy, expansive palate, dark red fruits with good tang and medium weight. This showed well.
  • 2019 Model Farm Syrah La Cruz Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast
    Poured blind, wedged into a flight where Baudry Boissee was on its left and Halcon Alturas on its right. Interestingly to me, the Model Farm is made with 50% stem inclusion (one clone is destemmed and the other is 100% whole cluster). Yet, with the aromatics flying out of the other two wines, especially the Halcon, the Model Farm to me was more subtle. Delicate, with a boysen and cherry profile, too. The table finished the bottle and I didn’t get a chance to retaste the wine but overall I thought the comments were positive and this is a good wine for Sean and Joanna to add to their portfolio. My only second guess would have been to have put their Petaluma Gap syrah into the flight instead, to seek if I could have achieved the aromatic balance with the other two wines, as both were more powerful than the Model Farm last night.
  • 2018 Halcon Vineyards Syrah Alturas - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands
    Poured blind. Grown at 2,500 feet, grown organically. This was my WOTN last night. There is just the right amount of everything here, with the beautiful white pepper aromatics being the star of the bottle. Of note, this also has 4% Viognier added. It’s been a long time since a bottle of red wine has aromatically wowed me like this one did last night, and it’s a joy. Purple fruit, balanced with some tang. This is just beautiful, distinctive syrah. I wish I not only had some leftover from last night to taste and savor again, but. some more bottles of this for the cellar. I guess I will need to wait and buy the 2019.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Re: the Coteaux Champenois, who does that? I do, only thanks to the Grower Zoom sessions Frank set up, as I recall the discussions with Dominique Moreau concerning that as the ‘future’ of Champagne, and that her husband makes some. Realizing who the host was, and given that it smelled more like Champagne than White Burg, it was more a deduction than an educated guess [cheers.gif]

Re: the Gaja - 5% Sauvignon Blanc would help on the aromas, but THAT much? That wine was crazy expressive.

Glad to see the Meuniers.

I represent a grower who has a lot of Meunier. In the tired old ‘Champagne 101’ course, Montagne de Reims is Pinot Noir, Cote de Blancs is Chardonnay and Vallee de la Marne is Meunier. However the western end of the Montagne de Reims segues into the Valle de la Marne and many Champagne lovers consider the western part of the Montagne prime Meunier territory. That’s where my grower is, and they are just releasing their first varietal bottlings, which will include a Pinot Meunier. I haven’t even tasted it yet and am looking forward to it. Although Meunier hasn’t gotten much respect, it looks like its time is coming.

I also have a grower who produces a Pinot Blanc Champagne, which I like a lot.

Dan Kravitz

Great notes and much appreciated on many wines of familiarity.

Way to go guys. Having attended what may have been the last one before this one, I can attest as to the educational and informative experience that Frank puts together. Not to mention, there’s some extra special folks in the group and it’s a fabulous occasion.

The first rule of Book Club is: You do not talk about Book Club. The second rule of book Club is: You do not talk about Book Club.

Pinot Meunier, in the states at least, is/was a bit of an oddity. Sure, it’s blended into the classic champagne but most people know of PN and Chardonnay. It’s the PM that brings the complexity, weight and texture which is really on display in a varietal bottling. Although I screwed the pooch on this blind tasting. LOL

Not sure how the rest of the world views PM.

Now I need to open a 2019 Alturas. My 2018 is gone as well.

A great evening Gents! Thanks Frankie, great line-up.

I had a brief chat with Steve about this at the table, and MY view on PM is that it is FAR different than it used to be. I recall the few times I had PM about 10 years ago and hated it - flabby tasting, seemed extra ripe and and savory. The Grower crowd is using it quite a lot, and with huge success. Perhaps the grape of the future for much of Champagne, and given the production we’ve had from producers like Moussé, I welcome it.

PM is also reported to be the most consistent ripening fruit grown in Champagne across the region from what I’ve read. Might be time for PM to step into the spotlight

My modest notes will deservedly fall into the shadow of the excellent and lengthy writeups that Todd and Frank have posted already, but I’ll try to contribute anyway. Here are at least the first five, plus a small rant.

NV Moussé Fils Champagne Blanc de Meuniers Premier Cru Brut Zéro Les Vignes de Mon Village (2014-2016 vintages). Lots of bright citrus, yellow apple, pineapple. Some sweetness, but of the pure fruit variety and not sugary or candied at all. It had very fine, smooth bubbles, which created a bit of a creamy sensation and made the whole wine feel high quality. My WOTN.

2016 Nicolas Maillart Champagne Premier Cru Mont Martin. This was a louder wine, with a big nose that sort of popped. Ripe lemon, peach, a bit of vanilla. Bubbles a little aggressive. This made an impression and was a good wine, but in some ways it was a little “much” in its various flavors, and things kind of poked out loudly. I liked it but didn’t love it, and it’s a young Champagne that might really knit together into something much better with a few more years in the bottle.

NV Moussé Fils Champagne Blanc de Meuniers Premier Cru Brut Zéro Les Vignes de Mon Village (2014-17 vintages). This was not really my kind of Champagne, sort of at the extreme end of the AFWE no dosage grower Champagne range. All slate, hardly any fruit – maybe some unsweet lime type fruit, very high acid, finish kind of drops off. The connection this turned out, after the reveal, to share with the first Champagne was stunning, as the two were almost polar opposites of each other. Now, it’s partly a year younger and maybe it will change or improve with time, but I think this will always be one for guys like Frank who really like the leanest and most minerally side of the grower Champagne spectrum.

Digression: My understanding of NV sparkling wine was that the goal was to create a mostly consistent product over the years through blending. I realize they won’t be exactly the same, but that they should be something where if you’ve liked it in the past, it should be mostly similar in the new version. But I’m increasingly seeing growers making the same bottling and label of an NV, but the wines are wildly different from one version to the next. Sometimes even very different blends and varieties. The information of which one is which may be in fine print on the back label or something, but if you’re trying to order the bottles, you usually don’t even have access to that information. So I find that whole thing pretty frustrating. If you’re going to make something really different, label it something different, to be fair to your customers (and particularly the non-Berserker types).

2014 Piollot Champagne Colas Robin Brut Nature. This was interesting and a little different, even before the reveal of it being 100% pinot blanc. Some unsweet melon, tart peach, green apple, ginger. Definitely a savory style, but with some modest fruit layers to it. An interesting learning experience, maybe not really something I’d seek out, but I enjoyed getting to try it.

2016 Marie Courtin Coteaux Champenois Le Blanc de Tremble. A white wine made of 100% pinot noir, not even a bit of pink or salmon to it. I guessed this was Coteaux Champenois, though with the benefit of the context that it was paired alongside a Champagne, and having blinded Frank on a Champagne / Coteaux Champenois pairing just a month ago or so. It would have been interesting to see what I thought it was if I tried it on its own. Pale lemon, earth, peaches. This was subtle and savory, but a very good wine, great character to it.

2 Likes

Counselor Seiber, I went ahead and fixed the order of my wines so you can remove your remark.

Funny, but actually on point, I tried to go in and fix the titles of the wines within my post and it screwed it all up, which I ended up fixing. But, I guess thematically this kind of your point about wines labelled as NV: as customers, we simply don’t get enough information on the bottle often enough. In the instance of Cedric’s wines, my decision to pour these wines and to understand their composition was born out of me having a back and forth with Cedric about the wines’ details. In a separate instance, and I know one you and I have discussed, you will have producers like Larmandier-Bernier and Marie Courtin, who make NV wines like Longitude and Resonance, respectively. Both producers etch the bottle glass with the base wine and also the disgorge date. Of course, you have to look for this and know the basic coding, which is actually pretty simple and deductive to figure out. But, it’s not readily apparent. Further, you would also need to know that the Larmandier-Bernier’s composition of their Longitude is a good portion of reserve wines in the final blend.

All of this I learned from interacting with the producers, simply asking questions. I don’t believe many people will want to go to this effort which I believe is solved by your point to offer more info on the wine’s label. But, until that happens, the answers are out there, if one is willing to explore and ask for it. For me, the net result is that I have developed what I think are good relationships with Arthur Larmandier, Cedric Mousse and Dominique Moreau, in part because I took an interest to ask, to find out.

I think there is significant difference between NV, MV, and ‘perpetual’, really, and I didn’t know that ‘perpetual’ existed, frankly. Has Cedric mentioned if he truly plans this to be ‘perpetual’ or if he will stop after 5, 10, etc years?

BOOK CLUB - REUNITED - Steve’s Place (4/23/2021)

Vitamin H - that’s what Frank calls it. “H” is for humility and that’s why we drink them blind. There’s a full dose in every tasting.

Sparklers - All Pinot Muenier

2014-2016

Interestingly, I had this NV about 3 years ago and guess Pinot Meunier. This time, no go. As we learned from the two NV in this flight with different disgorgement dates, the wines are completely different.

This has a really nice balance to it - yellow apple on the attack and fine bubbles. good tropical notes on the backend. Very good stuff

Big take away? Tasting notes from others on NV might not be remotely the same wine

I really like this wine because it has bits and pieces of everything. There’s a bit of dosage but not out of control and the wood treatment is balanced with the fruit and acid. My favorite of the flight. The amount of CO2 kicked off is amazing, stuck my nose in for a whiff and there was no oxygen and I gasped. Not a good sight. The aromas were pronounced. yellow, red, and green fruit with a touch of caramel.

2014-2017

Wow - this is the same NV at the 2014-2016 but with the addition of 2017. That is very hard to wrap my head around because the 2014-16 had a hint of sweetness and this wine is as angular and aggressive as it gets with a sparkler. Too much for my liking other than a food wine. Strong citric acid and low fruit profile that fades mid palate. Not balanced.

Mixed Bag

Nice wine but I’m guessing PB won’t change the world. Fine bubbles, well made, and enjoyable but just missing that little something to make it stand out. The fruit was peach/melon which made it fun.

A few at the table called this still champagne. Brilliant. There’s a huge matchstick aroma flying out of the glass. Interesting that this doesn’t use sulfur? Pure reduction? I love the aromas. That had me leaning towards burgundy which is chardonnay but it wasn’t obvious and then when others called coteaux I got on board, makes sense. Middle palate was a touch light but I enjoyed this very much.

Great blind wine because this is 100% Pinot Noir yet it’s a “white wine”.

• 2016 Gaja Langhe Rossj Bass - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Langhe DOC
    Blind: I thought this was either Greek or North east Italian. No idea on the grape.

The nose on this wine is wild white flowers, Todd called it plumeria which is even better. Really attractive - great wine. There was a hint of anise at the backend and that led me down the euro path. Good acidity balanced with the fruit. I think the little Sauvignon Blanc blended into the Chardonnay adds the extra dimension. This would be amazing with seafood.

Not the best QPR in the world… hey, it’s a Gaja.

Classic Reds

The fact that nobody called this Cab Franc, quite frankly, is an embarrassment. This has everything you read about from the Loire. A little poop, tobacco leaf, bell pepper, and I even got a bite of jalapeño.

Blind I thought I was getting redwood and oak spice/pepper. ugh

This is a balance style and excellent, they’re a solid undertone of tannins supporting this wine. This showed more restrained and delicacy compared to the Chinon and Halcon in the flight.

• 2018 Halcon Vineyards Syrah Alturas - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands
    Blind: knew this was syrah but from where… Could be domestic, high quality regardless, or Northern Rhone in a cool vintage. Hum… I went for Rhone

Ever taste a wine and say “Hey, I need to get some of this” and then look in Cellartracker and there are a couple of bottles in there? It’s like free money.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun night! Love all of Paul’s wines, but especially the Alturas.

Brig, you were hella closer with the Baudry than I was, nothing embarrassing about that! I even remember you calling it out as Cab, and I shut it down right away. THAT’S embarrassing.

It’ll take more than just you to stop me from being wrong! [wow.gif]

Too funny.

I went to Costco a year or two ago, and I saw these sunglasses, tried them on, liked them, and then figured I’d buy them. Then I stood there for a long time thinking about it, wondering if I might have already bought those same sunglasses. Did I buy them, and lose track of them somehow before ever even wearing them? Did I leave them in the shopping cart? Were they in some compartment in my car, or under the seat, or something?

And then I finally remembered. Several months earlier, I had bought them, but they didn’t have a new pair besides the demo pair. I paid for them, then they called me a few weeks later, but while I was out of town, and told me they had arrived, which I promptly forgot. So I went over to the counter and asked, and they said “Oh yeah, here they are, they’ve been sitting here for months.”

1 Like

Great story I can relate to as well.