TN: 2012 Forey Vosne Romanee

I typically find Forey wines up and down the spectrum to be very unforgiving without sufficient bottle age. But this was a treat with just a pop n pour. Wide open aromas and palate, very polished wine for Forey.

Did they change winemaking styles a la Gouges and Faiveley?

Typical Vosne notes with lots of cherry fruit lingering long after the last sip. Still primary. Guess I won’t wait another 10 years to open another as I’d planned.

Thanks for the note and interesting. I bought a case and have had two. First was a year ago and way too acidic/tart even with a decant but could start to see the wine come around after a couple of hours. Second several months ago was similar so I poured back into the bottle after a decant and tried again the next day, on the border but waited another day. Third day the wine was singing. My thought was to let them sit at least another couple of years and even then I would expect to decant and let sit for an hour or two. I haven’t tried the '14s I have yet.

You should try another if you get pleasure out of young Burgs! Was wide open. I would try a glass even before decanting it, I almost decanted at the outset then though eh let’s see how it’s tasting first. Maybe air would have made it even tastier than it was.

Obviously a long runway ahead but pretty darn tough to resist now.