TN: 2006 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernieres

2006 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernieres
A good bit of turbid gold/brown bricking. Lots of sediment inside the bottle. The nose is mostly about leather and dried herbs with some black currant jam. Softer acidity than expected with a glimpse of the red/black berried fruit profile that flickers and fades…slipping from elegance to fatigue. Secondary dried herbs and minerals with tertiary savoriness. I typically associate this bottling with fairly persistent tannins. They’ve softened but unfortunately, the fruit made for the exit a few years ago. I’m holding a bottle of the 2005 which should be more structured with better longevity, but based on this showing…not planning to delay much longer. The cellar sometimes giveth and sometimes taketh away.

RT

Wellthe 2006’s didn’t really have much staying power, the 2005 should drink reasonably well.

1 Like

That’d be my expectation as well. The few 2006 Beaujolais that I did purchase were consumed long ago. Have plenty of 2005s in the cellar, and expect they aren’t drinking well yet – but I’d be curious to hear from anyone who’s tried them recently.

I’ve got an 07 Javernieres in the drink-soon shelf, I expect it’s about ready.