TNs--14 Chanson Preuses, 09 Carlisle PS, 18 A.J. Adam Riesling

2014 Domaine Chanson Chablis Les Preuses

This popped up at the monopoly for USD $60, so I bought some to try. I find a little slate and apple peel in the bouquet. To taste, it is long and fine, with apple and lemon mix, if not as incisive and minerally as I’d expect. Seems to be just opening into a drinking window right now. Popped and poured.

2009 Carlisle Petite Sirah

My friend Tim provided this for us. Big purple and black fruit compote scents. It’s truly rich dans la bouche and has plenty of tannic substance, but the tannins are there to buttress the near-glycerin feel of the fruit, rather than being abrasive or rough. Really long finish. I can only have a glass of this—my general tastes run to more acidity in reds–but this is a terrific effort in this style and is still on the young side.

2018 A.J. Adam Riesling Trocken

Lifted lemon-lime nose and a nick of diesel, but only a very little bit. Wow—is this ever snappy. Mouthwatering acidity which is really front-tongue loaded. Not quite straight lemon juice, but you get the idea. I have a tough time thinking of a food match for this wine, but I enjoyed what it offered for sure. A little tangy grapefrult twirl at the back-end is welcome.

Salud

Mike