Zachys DRC Only Auction

I received the catalog for a DRC sale on May 6 (followed by “all the rest” on May 7). I was interested to see that all the photos of the DRC bottles have the serial numbers blotted out. Maybe I haven’t been noticing, but is this a standard practice for auctions? What’s the point…to prevent potential buyers from researching provenance?..to keep the Domaine from finding out which of its customers are reselling wines? I’d personally be a little more comfortable seeing the numbers, not that it would be data I could do anything with.

avoid Domaine cutting off allocations to sellers.

It’s common to obscure the S/Ns so a fraudster cannot just copy those photos and attempt to sell the wine easily via a message board such as ours. The discerning buyer would ask for additional info and pics the fraudster couldn’t supply.

In a related story, I’m hosting a DRC only dinner at my house this Friday. All are welcome. BYOB and bring enough to share with the host.

***…to keep the Domaine from finding out which of its customers are reselling wines? I’d personally be a little more comfortable seeing the numbers, not that it would be data I could do anything with. ****

Alan is right 100%. Same in the Tax-Free shops in the International Airport.

LOL [rofl.gif]

Protecting the dolphins and whales.

So Rudy wouldn’t have to make so many different labels?? Haha.