TNs--assorted overdue

2011 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Gravonia

My first of 4 of these, very satisfied with this young ‘un. Nice saline edging to lemon and baked apple, it has real incisiveness this early and promise of better to come. Long finish

2011 Hubert Lignier Gevrey Chambertin

Confess somewhat hollow and missing GC meatiness, ruggedness and drive, but I won’t complain about the pure slightly sweet raspberry scents and tastes. No green meanies and it is pretty, if with a ceiling, which is pretty strong for this difficult vintage.

2016 Westcott Estates Brilliant Rose

This is OK with some spark and some pomegranate and watermelon flavours, but it doesn’t–at least right now–have an extra gear or drive. I was really taken with this stuff when I tasted at the winery in the summer, but it could have been the heat and circumstances too [grin.gif] Good, but no higher right now.

2015 Westcott Estate Reserve PN

This was terrific and drinking at its height right now. Stems were used and the result is a lovely combination of flow and structure around lightly herbed strawberry and raspberry fruit. A lot of Pinot here.

2018 Grosset Polish Hill Ries

No surprises here–that crystalline feel that I am so attracted to in this cuvee and solidly in the meyer lemon category on the palate. tickles the tastebuds and still a squalling infant. If you can, leave for a while.

2013 13th Street Grande Cuvee Methode Traditionnelle BdN

Quite solid sparkler, there was good mousse here and a core and narrow line of tart red fruit presenting. Nothing wrong with this but I might have wanted a little more character and interest on the whole from the great vintage for sparkling in Ontario.

2012 Hugel Grosse Laue PN

Tran was very kind to let me try some of this. Hard to compare it to anything, I found it quite on the herbaceous/green side with sidebars of earth and carry. Next day, still have the herbs in ascendancy, but I like it a bit better, has gained character and energy. First PN from Alsace.

2012 Pearl Morissette Cuvee Madeleine CF

Not sure what to make of this. There’s definite tomato leaf in nuzzie and on the tongue, along with macerated plums and some currant fruit also. Hard to tag this as CF, I’m also not sure if it hasn’t been manipulated—or maybe a touch of VA. Just something I can’t put my finger on. The 2011 is so different from this. It’s somewhat hot too and just doesn’t add up to enjoyment.

2015 Meo Camuzet Haut Cotes-de Nuits Clos des Philiberts

Oak continues to be a recurring part of the exposition in this wine, but for me it also has the signature of the vintage, being a little softer and more approachable and the fruit a little more in ascendancy. Quite good and better still the next day.

2015 Sojourn Sangiacomo PN

For my own preferences, this seems to be the vineyard of theirs that ages out best. This is still a little bit high-toned, but it really fits the juicy red and blue fruit aromatic and taste profile, and velvety tannins complement a nice weightiness dans la bouche. Probably still has a couple more years of prime life left, I enjoyed this the most of my recent Sojourn PNs.