TN: 2018 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet

A fine nose of lemon, green melon, white peach and white flowers. The palate is fresh and vibrant and relatively compact. It has good intensity and a suggestion of nougat. It finishes with very good cut and persistence.

Had this last night. Really excellent, has a lot of matchstick/reduction flavors at least on night 1. Get some apple peel flavors too, and definitely see that slight bit of nougat/caramel. Excellent intensity without being overripe or sweet. Would be interesting to try this next to a PYCM 1er at about the same price point.

A pork schnitzel was the perfect pairing for this. At home we usually have roast chicken with white burg but I think these younger ones with a lot of reduction really need something with more fat and flavor to stand up to their strong flavors.

Friendds,

Always loved the LEFLAIVE wines. They had a lesser period at the start of the century but are back on track now. I always try to get an allocation at the caveau at CHASSAGNE but this year ((due to COVID?) they were not sure I would be able to make it to FRANCE so they sold my alllocation to a third party…Damn the COVID pandemic.
SINCERELY JOHAN