TN: 2016 David Duband Bourgogne (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne)

Wow, isn’t this the most perfect cheap midweek Burgundy? Slightly chilled I wondered whether it was a bit too minimalistic or timid but as it warmed up it grew in power and grip very nicely. Some might find this too simplistic or restrained. For me it brings a lot of joy and I simply could not ask anything more from a wine that costs less than 20 €.

• 2016 David Duband Bourgogne - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (28.4.2021)
    Bright and ever so slightly tart red fruited nose has a very cool character reminiscent of wet stones. Light-bodied on the palate with very little in the way of fat and only a pinch of tannic grip. There is a good deal of attractive, just ripe red fruit and very appropriate, refreshing acidity. Very much streamlined and altogether balanced, nothing sticks out and the wine excels more than anything in how it avoids all things negative (oak, alcohol, heaviness). I find this to somewhat remind me of how Beaujolais used to be, although there is just enough of the sort of sturdiness or seriousness that typically separate the two regions, even as it is very lively and highly drinkable.

Posted from CellarTracker