No Capsule Guy strikes again!

A long time ago I posted, likely in a thread about corks and capsules (here’s the thread Capsules: Does anyone really mind going topless? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers), about this guy who has/had a website called sippingfinewine.com where he reviewed wines from Kelley Fox then went on this rant about her lack of capsules and how he couldn’t buy these wines due to this feature as he felt it made the wines unsafe (or something). Funny he could taste them safely and write about them but could t possibly buy them. Well, he’s back. Someone wrote a heartfelt review of a wine of her’s on Instagram and way down in the comments under sippingfinewine he’s back with the exact same rant. Here’s the link.

For those of you lacking Instagram (totally understand):

“Kelly (sic) fox (sic) wines are amazing, however I will not drink them as she chooses not to protect her cork!! It’s a shame she can’t put some sort of cork protection on her wine bottles. It’s pennies to protect a $70 bottle of wine. So i (sic) choose not to drink them!!”

He’s obviously not only got an issue that’s completely outsized to the actual “problem” but has some sort of machismo issue as well.

Thought folks would like to take the opportunity to dump on this guy again.

1 Like

Dupe

I don’t feel safe commenting on this thread because of the lack of capsules. Sorry.

Did my part, and was instantly warned by Instagram. I sense the troll has a plan.

You do know that the church considers bottle condoms a sin.

3 Likes

champagne.gif

Funny the only dirty corks I’ve seen were under capsule.

But if you pour hot wax on it…

Whomever this is is missing some great wine.

1 Like

Is it bad if I remove capsules because I want to be able to see if there is a line or fault in the cork?

Ask the mohel. :wink: :wink:

only if you’re ok with the idea of unprotected capsules! ew.

neener

seems like Kelley’s got herself covered… haha

kelley_fox_wines
@sippingfinewine- you assume my reason for not using foils in my wines is because I want to save pennies. It’s arrogant to think you are privy to reasons for my decisions with my work. You have no idea who I am and i have no idea who you are, either. If you had asked me why I don’t use foils, I could have told you that I don’t want the presence of metal on my bottles. For quality reasons. I learned about this from my dear friends and importer of my wines in Japan back in 2016. I spare no costs when it comes to my work.
Not using foils is no less safe than having natural corks in contact with metals that could have also been tampered with in their places of origin. Also- what is actually in those foils? What is the allowed percentages of heavy metals in those? How are those heavy metals and dyes monitored by independent agencies to check for toxins? What is the impact on families and children living near these factories? Air quality? Water systems? I remember now that quite a while ago you wrote me an email about how you believe that people could and would put poison or pathogens as an act of terrorism onto the corks and that only foils would prevent this. What if someone used a tiny syringe to puncture the foils in a way that would be unnoticed? In that case, what about doorknobs, all types of handles, all public places, air vents to buildings and cars, elevator buttons, fruit and vegetables at the grocery store, meats at the butcher, fresh flowers, and quite a number of things that aren’t covered and sealed are serious threats. So are empty unsealed cardboard boxes with glass bottles that we use to put our wines in. Someone could put a pathogen in the bottles and some poison, too. Someone at the cork factory could take a tiny needle and inject pathogens into corks here and there and no one would ever know. I’m sorry that you think this way. It must be terrifying each day. I’m not being sarcastic. I feel compassion. Thank you for your nice comments about the actual wine, though. If you knew me, you would know my character.

:mic drop:

2 Likes

She’s pretty awesome!! (I’ve only met her once, but what an amazing & kind human)
flirtysmile

While I find arguing with highly confused people on the Internet usually not worth the effort, this is a truly beautiful response by Kelley. I salute her!

Plus her wines are absolutely fabulous.

+100

She’s pretty awesome!! (I’ve only met her once, but what an amazing & kind human)
flirtysmile
[/quote]

I love it. its exactly the kind of response I would expect from her… compelling, well thought out, direct, nice bit of bite.

my feeling is: more Kelley Fox wine available for the rest of us.

Methinks a certain wine reviewer has a thing for Ms Kelley Fox and has difficulty expressing himself.

In 3rd grade I threw rocks at a girl I thought was pretty.

1 Like

The infatuation with capsules is bizarre. As far as science can tell, a lack of capsule isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

This makes me want to run out and buy cases of her wine stat

1 Like