Acker rolling out NFTs for upcoming auction

In news that no one wanted to read apparently Acker is supplying NFTs for single bottle lots of 2019 Domaine Du Comte Liger-Belair wines in an auction a couple weeks from now. smh.

https://wineindustryinsight.com/?p=118629

Fantastic. Please someone buy this so there will be less money for wine to buy from Burgundy

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I read the article and still don’t know what an NFT is

Non fungible token.

1 Like

Basically, it’s a GIF that you have ownership rights to.

I may be wrong, that’s my impression.

2 Likes

I think I’m approaching the “get off my lawn” phase of my life.

3 Likes

My favorite part is how NFTs have no actual relationship on the authenticity of a bottle of wine, only the NFT itself. At least that’s how I understand it given my limited understanding of all things binarybux.

Saw this yesterday. I meant to post it in the Rudy thread because it’s obvious that he’s just going to launder his pilfered money this way. The internet has jumped the shark.

I’m trying to help some folks write an article about them and have spent much of the week trying to educate myself, and I still don’t understand them.

Thank goodness that Acker promotes authenticity.
finally.

I have been reading about segments of the art world drooling over the free money (well, Ethereum, if you can call that money) to be minted by selling these things. It seems that by buying one you can claim ‘ownership’ to a digital artwork but the artwork remains generally freely available and the artist typically retains the copyright. If I translate that to a bottle of wine at an Acker auction does that mean Buyer 1 will buy the right to say that they own a bottle of 2019 Domaine Du Comte Liger-Belair but I (or anyone else who might like) can drink the bottle that Buyer 1 “owns” and at some point in the future Buyer 1 could attempt to find the greater fool to buy his “ownership” of the bottle that I already drank? This whole thing makes even less sense to me than the cryptocurrency craze (or maybe it all makes sense because it seems that the only thing one can actually purchase with Ethereum is the claimed ownership of one gray pixel (whose copyright is retained by the creator of that pixel).

Basically, it’s digital PokĂ©mon cards for your wine. Gotta catch em all!

That’s my understanding but I’m the first to admit that I’m not entirely across this. But how I understand it the NFT is the blockchain backed token that can be proven as authentic and unique. The wine on the other hand is completely fungible at every step of the process once the NFT has been sold. So given your example I don’t see anything stopping someone from drinking the CLB, refilling it, and then on-selling it + the NFT to a 3rd party for a tidy profit. It’s backed by the blockchain after all, right?!?! /s

Its a non-enforceable social contract stored on a blockchain.

Can I drink it?

Only if you’re Max Headroom.

1 Like

I’m still reeling from losing everything on futures of pogs and tamogachis.

1 Like

Ok I definitely chuckled.

2 Likes