2018 vintage, all prices in CAD:

• Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin Premier Cru Derrière Chez Édouard, 84$

• Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin Premier Cru Clos du Meix, 84$

• Domaine Hubert Lamy Chassagne-Montrachet Le Concis du Champs, 112$

• Domaine Ponsot Bourgogne Cuvée du Pinson, 69$

• Domaine Ponsot Morey-Saint-Denis Cuvée des Grives, 129$

• Domaine Dujac Chambolle-Musigny, 115$

• Domaine Dujac Morey-Saint-Denis, 116$

Disclaimer: this will go through a lottery process so I might end up with a big fat zero…

Never had any of them so your help is appreciated!

For me both Dujacs as well as the first Lamy’s would be buys.

Are you asking if these prices are good? I am not familiar with wine prices in Canada but none of these looks like much of a deal for me.

Agree. You can get 2018 Dujac CM in the states for $89 (~110 CAD) and MSD for $79 (~97 CAD)

Prices north of the border are normally more expensive but yes, knowing if I’m really getting gouged is also of interest.

Seems decent at approx 10-15% premium over the US. So it seems in line with pricing.

I’m mostly interested in recommendations for these wines in 2018. I’m missing a few 2018 Burgs in the cellar and I’m wondering if these should go in…

Domaine? I’d pay those prices all day.

In US SommPicks

That’s the negotiant

Ah yes I see. Very annoying WS doesn’t do that routing better.

I will tell you what I will try for :wink: Doubt with the new Loto I will get anything but both Dujac’s and the Ponsot MSD, don’t both with the Pinson…I am not a fan of 2018 whites (don’t shoot me), or Hubert Lamy, I tried his wines once, and was not my style. If you have not tasted Lamy probably worth trying since the only taste that matters is yours, Derrière Chez Édouard is a good representation.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m going for a few others (Gouges, Boillot, Picq, DRC, etc.) but for the Lamy, Ponsot and Dujac… blind spot, never tried them.

So I’ll put them on the list and depending on how the lottery goes (I don’t expect much either), I’ll make the call. Hence the interest for a few recomms on these 2018 wines. I’ve had some good 2018 white Burgs so I’m not too shy about the vintage for both colors.

Which lottery?

Lucas

I’m going to say Nay, although maybe the Dujac as I bet the '18’s are good and getting Dujac in Canada is never easy.

I went super super light everywhere in '18 burg, so my opinion may not be worth much.

I like & buy Lamy (of your choices the Edouard is the play at $80ish) in other years and typically grab Dujac whenever I can, but not in '18. I may be priced out of the better Dujac bottles from now on.

Guessing St. Aubin handled the heat in '18 better than Chassagne & MSD does have a bit of a rep of getting too ripe in hot years.
The Domaine Dujac village MSD is really good, but in $cdn I was a buyer when $80-$90 or under. Not since the recent $ hikes. It’s not exactly rare or revelatory, but it does offer you the Dujac profile in a fairly accessible wine vs. the 1er’s that need 20++ years.
No experience with Ponsot since Laurent left.

1 Like

Lottery, here in Quebec, to win the “right to purchase” some bottles. Monopoly. Limited quantities. Equal opportunity process.

I’m not hating the 2018s at all. I had some good reds and good whites. Is your opinion based on the overall vintage aspect (warm & dry) or some specific bottles you tried? For me, a Burg vintage that drinks well early on is useful as I started cellaring late and I have few bottles with the age I want on them. But beyond that, some 2018 also showed the structure to age well.

So, for whites, I only went in for Lamy Derrière chez Édouard since I’m pretty stocked up already (grabbed some PYCM Chassagne yesterday as well). It’ll give me a chance to try the Lamy style.

Overall vintage profile. I prefer the more classic & cooler years.

I’m not a huge fan of 18 generally, but the 18 Lamy I’ve had have been quite good. Not a comment on the price.

Phil…please enter all the Lamy and all the Dujac listed on your message. Hope you will be lucky with Dujac. The Malconsort is a steal when compare with the secondary prices in the world and also in USA.

You must also enter all the Bizot and all the DRC. Doubt you will get any.

Bizot Les Jachee is CA $3482 on Wine-searcher and Ech is at CA $3851.

In wine buying price is of course important but the worse is availability.

SAQ still have few bottles of Lamy Chassagne 2017. Lamy needs bottle age and they last, last. I still have a 2001 St. Aubin left.

1 Like

You’re not helping my Amex Peter :slight_smile:!

Hmmmm…Malconsort by Dujac - there maybe a chance.

If you got it…please do not refuse the offer and please consider the followings : Jasper Morris…believes Molconsort in Vonse…should be considered as the Amourouses in Chambolle and CstJacques in Gervey.