TN: 2017 La Chablisienne Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume

La Chablisienne continues to be one of the best values in the region; this is textbook quality Chablis, with dried white flowers, lemon, lime, lees and seaspray on the nose. The palate is balanced and fresh with a line of beautiful zippy acidity, just a touch of creamy mouthfeel, and an unctuous finish. Delicious.

(can they relax with the giant heavy bottles, though? jeez.)

2 Likes

I had the '17 La Chablisienne Mont de Milieu last night and agree that they are making some really good wines at very fair prices.

and lots of large format wines at similar good pricing.

And there is a VERY large poster as well…

D973B344-4328-4C9F-9A7C-8879E83618BD.jpeg
yes, indeed.

That is gorgeous!

I too have had nothing but good La Chablisienne. Have a case of the Mont de Milieu that should be here soon.

I’m sitting on a bottle of 2016 La Chablisienne La Pierrelee. I’m hoping to open it with friends this summer.

Nearly always a reliable solid value.

hope it’s on its side and not standing up.

Pulled one of these out yesterday to do some reading on the deck. A gorgeous green-gold color, and delicious in the glass. Indy approved of my choice.

• 2017 La Chablisienne Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (5/7/2022)
    Striking limpid green-gold in the glass, catching sunbeams outside and throwing them around; I took a couple minutes to just marvel at the beauty of the color. Struck match reduction is quite prominent at first, but thankfully blows off after a couple hours. Two hours in, this is quite lovely. Medium amplitude, appropriate for 1er cru, with lovely tension and a panoply of lemon, orchard fruit, some green plums fanning out over solid base of saline minerals. Some shy white florals show up on the mid-palate. Deelish. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like