TN: 2020 Walter Scott Bois-Moi (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley)

• 2020 Walter Scott Bois-Moi - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/6/2021)
    This Gamay/Pinot blend was totally awesome! First, I didn’t know what I was opening when I opened it. “A Rosè!” I say. And man that was it!. This wine was instantly terrific. I was compelled by the crunchy, pithy texture of the wine. Notes of mineral and stones, and an almost Chardonnay nose, with some red fruit edges. The sips were pure and light, but still complex, with a forever finish. I want some more of this! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

dammit, want.

If you get a chance, try the 2020 Twill Rosè of Pinot Noir. We had it side by side with the WS BM and both of us significantly preferred the Twill. If the Twill was
even 10% better, I guess that would make it roughly (104 pts.)

1 Like

Wow sounds awesome!!!

1 Like

Don’t round up. It cheapens the 103.4 score.

I was thinking the same thing 104 is WAY overinflated!

I thought this was seriously great as well. Impressive fruit purity. Already drank my bottles!

Meats is rarely wrong, if ever.

He still isn’t. This wine is tremendous, and I’m NOT a big Rosé fan. Crunchy and complex, minerally and perfect strawberry sweetness, and SCREAMS to have bubbles (though I know the folks at Walter Scott would never do it - too much hassle).

1 Like

Thanks for the love!! The wine is so good! So complex! Agree on the bubbles thought…

I had this last weekend and thought it was a wonderful rose. I wish I had bought a few more bottles.

Excited to try this. Almost opened a bottle 2 nights ago but popped a Sabelli Frisch instead. Maybe this weekend.

I had a second and third bottle of this. Really lovely stuff. I guess we can thank 2020 for bringing us a sub-$20 Walter Scott wine. Despite my goofy teasing on the scoring, do try to find a bottle of the Twill Rose. Definitely different in style (and 100% PN), but very delicious. Also, my favorite Oregon Rosè is J.K. Carriere “Glass” White Pinot. It uses a 19th century non-sparkling Champagne recipe that involves adding Chardonnay lees to Pinot Noir juice. Fantastic stuff. I’ve read it could pass as a ringer in a French Rosè tasting.

1 Like

Had this last night and agree that it’s fantastic! The funny: This was an informal get together. Some people saw the bottle and thought it was a joke. At the group’s previous tasting 3 different people each excitedly brought a bottle of this to show it off…

Had a bottle of this at a local restaurant two weeks ago and also really enjoyed it.