Chubb experience: Perfect outcome. Wine lost, via human error.

I left these bottles boxed with my front desk, for a wine storage facility to pick up.
Instead, a Fedex driver took the box, which was totally un-labelled, as part of a daily ongoing-packages pickup. Fedex would not let me contact the Noo Yawk consolidation facility, to alert about this un-labelled package. With no inquiry from me possible, they seem likely to be destroyed.
2 Leoville Las Cases 1989
4 Leoville Poyferre 2003
1 Montrose 1989
2 Montrose 2003

That sucks. I’m always paranoid about stuff like this happening and avoid not being home when pickups happen. If I have to leave it at the front desk, I’ll usually tape a piece of paper noting that’s its not for FedEx/UPS and stating who it’s for to avoid this kind of thing

can’t wait to see what snarky comment victor hong is going to post on this thread.

8 Likes

Unlikely. Somebody is going to drink them!

Wait, why on earth would the FedEx person just take the box?! Without any label to indicate that it’s for FedEx?

I don’t get that either. Wouldn’t it need a Fed Ex label for it to make any sense to pick up?

If you have proof or a witness that Fed Ex just took some unlabeled box of yours, shouldn’t they be liable for the loss?

I have at times reused boxes with styros that arrived to pack wines to send for storage and let them repack it there because I didn’t have any other boxes on hand. In those cases, there’s a FexEx/UPS label on it. Maybe Victor did something like that

Right, as a FEDEX driver scans each pick as he takes it. Something wrong here.

Seems like that is one and the same to Victor…

abuse@fedex.com

And will it be more, or less, snarky than yours? pepsi

This is obviously extremely unfortunate, but why would you leave $3K worth of wine sitting around in an unlabeled box?

That does rather sound like human error, someone should come here and chastise the OP for such negligence neener

2 Likes

I should have left a slip of paper on or inside the box with my contact details. I normally do, but failed this time, before handing the box to the front desk. Let us see if the regular Fedex driver returns it tomorrow.

Good luck Victor. That really sucks.

Warren

1 Like

I would get a hold of the FedEx station that services your area, to call and explain that they took a package not intended for them.
I remember we had a package that was intended for FedEx but was unlabeled. They found it when the unloaded the truck and knew who it belonged to.

small claims? Police report? Why did they take an unlabeled package?

Yup , and for not communicating properly with the front desk people .

omg. i cannot wait to get the citizen alert on this one. much better than “woman yelling with large stick”