Bottles Wall of Fame

Over the years we have been saving wine bottles that peak our taste buds or some other interest. We have placed them above our kitchen cabinets for display. For some reason my spouse decided to clean up the bottles and at the same time make a digital record. Here’s a picture from her of that wine bottle record. Boy do I miss these wines. Also special shoutout to the “Knucklehead Red” wine given to us as a special gift from young boys, now young men, Mario & Joseph who’s parents own Exultet Winery on Prince Edward County island in Ontario. Great folks that make some very nice wines.
Wall_of_Fame_NFT.jpg

1 Like

Very cool.

Also: that’s a lot of bottles!

1 Like

I used to have something similar - then my wife thought it’d be a danger zone from earthquakes, so i tossed em all away.

There are some nice wines in there, Gary!

This is probably a common thing to do for Berserkers, so here’s my wall of fame :wink: Trying to keep it small and limited to interesting / unique / rare wines that meant something, not necessarily just the very best of most expensive. Also trying to keep it to one representative bottle per producer/vineyard/type I like rather than fill the whole thing up with more of the same.

in all the years dont think I ever kept an empty because of enjoyment or its cost. Have a few 9l I keep and use for change collections otherwise out with the old and in with the new

Pretty cool to take the photos - you should have it made into a poster and frame it!

By the way Gary see you are from England and have a bottle of Paumanonk in that picture (local east end winery makes the wine on Long Island imho and Charles, Ursula and his family are awfully nice. Any story behind your bottle out of interest?

I just have cellar tracker to remember them. Cool idea!

Nice bottle set Andy. The Chambertin caught my eye first.

The Massouds are some dear friends that we visit once or twice a year when our and their schedules allow. We take wines we have made each year for them to taste and give us feedback on. Our connection is manyfold but probably that we grow chenin blanc is the first connect we made with them and it’s been a strong friendship ever since. Some of their red wines I really enjoy year in and out. Super nice people in the business.

I love his intern Chenn Blanc story. My wife’s favorite wine ( she only drinks champagne and lhv) is their late harvest riesling.
I was in a tasting group made up of all long islanders. Almost all of our long island wines in our cellars come from them.
Happy they get love on other side of the pond.

Now I have to go take a photo.

This does not thrill my wife in our dining room.
3A32EAE9-DF65-4BF9-AA7E-1885D8456A1F.jpeg
Nor is she thrilled with the random empties strewn among our book shelves, but there they merge into the aesthetic a little better.

2 Likes

haha im glad im not the only one who does this. listing our house for sale and I had to cut it down a good bit, but I try to basically keep a running Top Ten of all time on top our cabinet.

I keep some on top of a wine cabinet in our living room. I’ll confess that they are more trophy type bottles than “special memory” ones.
41EE36FE-017B-449D-91D0-2FCA21DBD0C2.jpeg

I have never been a keeper of empties. Dust collectors. However, I am a hoarder of full bottles

1 Like

You are absolved of your sins!

It raises an interesting point. I tend to keep the memory ones but certainly I have some trophies mixed in.

Me too. Pictures only. I’ve seen some cool displays but my decor is more uncluttered.

Decommissioned fireplace. I rotate stuff out all the time.
IMG_4443.jpg
IMG_4440.jpg

Glad I was not alone … I was doing the same above our kitchen cabinets with a wall of zin - Bedrock, Biale, Bucklin, Carlisle, Hartford, Limerick Lane, Once & Future, Outpost, Ridge, Sky, and Turley, plus a few other bottles associated with special events.

Dang, I should of took a picture before “the bottles in the wall” came down.