TN: 2019 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly

• 2019 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Côte de Brouilly (5/7/2021)
    It’s debatable whether it’s positive or negative, but climate change has made Beaujolais a more serious category of wine. The Thivin has always been a favorite, due to its depth of flavor, as well as its breadth of flavor. It’s even deeper now, and forgiving a little higher octane, it’s a more serious wine. Has some of the fun of Beaujolais been sacrificed on the altar of profundity? Perhaps, but it’s a hell of a bottle for $30.

I would actually advocate drinking it sooner rather than later, lest the remaining vestiges of joy be subsumed under the pull of its gravity.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

We had this wine over the past weekend with yakitori skewers (thigh, heart, liver, gizzard) and it was both a great match and a very good wine. I reloaded the next day. One of the best young Beaujolais I’ve had, and I don’t always love young gamay. Serious and delightful all at once.

1 Like

Great comments, David. I thought the same thing on 2015. I think 2014 could be the last of the classics in this recent string of vintages, but damn are they tasty!

If it’s going to taste this good, I don’t give a sh** about “classic.”

I admit, I doubled down on 2015. I recently grabbed a flight of 17-19, including some Zaccharie. Hard to imagine a better QPR in wine.