Ray Tuppatsch- RIP

RIP.
Painfully generous and young guy. OUCH!!!

1 Like

No. So sorry. Such a nice guy. What happened?

WTF???
What happened?

Wow. RIP, Ray

What???

Drinking some Champs in his memory…RIP. champagne.gif

1 Like

I’m hoping this is not true

No way! One of my favorite posters back to eBob. Seemed like a great dude. Never met him in person. What’s the opposite of Killer+? RIP.

Was just wondering the other day about him and not seeing any posts…

I met him at a Leo Frokic house party.

fucking gut punch. we share a birthday and we always joked it was the worst day of the year - jan 2nd. we’ve had so many laughs together - and way too much great wines. a golf outing at his house years ago was just such a ridiculous and perfectly ray thing to do. he wore the most ridiculous velvet loafers the last time i saw him. they were purple. god dammit.

1 Like

What? He was younger than me I believe. Details please? RIP . . .

Damn. Really nice and decent guy the few times we interacted. Condolences to his family.

I just heard an hour ago.

I met Ray on the wine boards right before I visited NYC for the first time, and on my very first trip there in spring 2009 I found myself at one of his great Acker dinners- the first of many.

In the aftermath of the market turmoil at that time, Ray proved his great character. He not only took his losses on the chin without recycling questionable bottles, but he put his tremendous access and knowledge to good use to protect himself and his friends for years after. I doubt I am the only wine appraiser who benefitted from his insights and specific knowledge on a regular basis.

Ironically I was thinking of him just this morning- working on some special champagnes for my fall trip to NYC in the hopes of having a grand post-COVID dinner with him and a few others. Those bottles will now be reserved for a tribute and toast to one of the greatest people I have met in over 25 years of tasting wine.

Ray was a tenacious and truly dedicated wine lover- and generous in sharing his knowledge and cellar with anyone in whom he saw that same sincere interest.

For my part, I always looked forward to seeing him, and could not help smiling ear to ear every time I walked into a room and saw his face.

RIP Ray. The wine world loves you and we will miss you terribly.

My big boy champagne consuming mentor. RIP Ray

Truly enjoyed his posts and contributions. RIP.

Very sad to read this. He was cool to communicate with. Rest peacefully man. Champs mañana.

Such a bummer. I very much appreciated his insight into Champagnes.

Terrible news. I’ve never met him and only interacted with him on this board. I really enjoyed his insights into a world of champagne that I really don’t get to experience in person. He seemed like a very decent, gracious man. RIP Ray and I will pop some bubbly in your honour tonight.

Rip . He was a very generous nice man , great wine lover . Sad news

1 Like