TN: 2010 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

2010 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (5/10/2021)
Diam for the win, as this is in beautiful, very youthful shape; the nose shows a bit more oak than fruit, though that’s not as much the case on the palate, where the excellent depth of perfectly ripe stone fruit is strong enough to compete with the oak. Has some nice umami saline, good acidity, but would be a notch better without the toasted caramel edge from the wood treatment, and its slightly bitter notes on the finish. I’m not much of believer in the notion of oak “integrating” with age, and I think that’s supported in this 10 year old wine. But I’ll look forward to seeing how it develops over another decade. (91 pts.)

I had one of these at the end of the year and also liked it quite a bit, and thankfully no signs of premox either. 2010’s are great when they are on, and back in the day these could be purchased for $60 so it was quite a bargain MP.

I recently sampled both the 14 and the 17 Bouchard MP and those wines were really rocking. It was a blind tasting and I guessed PYCM because the nose had that lovely flinty, lemon juice poured over minerals element that I frequently get with PYCM. I wonder if Bouchard has changed something in their cellar as I don’t remember the flintiness in prior vintages?

Nice.

The MP QPR king! 14 is fire…although I don’t detect the oak that you did in 10. In fact…I am drinking the 17 Jadot right now, and was thinking more oak spice in Jadot MP than Bouchard MP IMO. Both killer WB for the money!

Havent opened a 14 yet, so can’t compare. I don’t remember the 08 showing as much oak as this 10.