TN: 2017 Louis Jadot Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

• 2017 Louis Jadot Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (5/11/2021)
    Under DIAM GC…extra long cork(getting pointers from pycm!)…WOW…this has a richness of a GC…totally bright and oily, creamy, sappy orchard fruit, with a nice tropical flare as well…palate coating…yet there is a beam of lemon/tangerine citrus and crushed rocks cutting the richness up nicely…like adding some salt and lemon squeeze to a butter wine sauce…the feel of this wine is SO caressing and full bodied, yet there is a bright effortlessness to it…sweetness tamed by chalky limestone salinity…little match strike reduction…sneaky dry extract and spice on the long long tasty finish. In such perfect balance right now…but seems to have it all for a long life ahead! A must case buy…drink one now for sure…and hold some for 20+! Makes me giddy to try more post pox problem Jadots! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Sounds nice, Buzz. Your pics always want to make me drink wine in your yard with you.

When did they switch to diam?

I love this wine. Jadot has been quietly making phenomenal whites for a few vintages now, and this one is dynamite.

2011 (google told me), I only caught on for the 2017 vintage and grabbed a case of the Puligny Garenne 1er Cru.

2014 Perrieres was dynamite last week

Welcome anytime! Trying to take pics in other spots from those boring old cellar ones! [wow.gif]

I have a 14 charmes I might try sometime soon

Yet another winner from 17. While I think 14 may edge it out, I just love how killer the fruit is on these wines and they are soooooo drinkable

Yeah the 14 PYCM champ gains we had last week really started shining day 2. Worth the wait and roulette toss although PYCM isn’t a bad bet it seems.