TN - Krug 168eme

Krug MV 168eme
From half bottle

vibrant young lemon color, the nose wafts from the glass- dreamy in tone but almost robust in its persistence with the perfume evident even sitting 2 feet away from the glass, almonds, lemons, a hint of orange and a wonderfully intense mousse already stirring, on the palate this has the full body of the 164eme and is already at a very zesty and lively stage that the 164eme has only recently reached, apples, a hint of pear, oranges- and as on the nose a very sexy mousse throughout that is well integrated with the many elements showing a rare harmony at this young stage, after 2 hours in glass hints of white flowers emerge as the mousse notes on the palate grow beautifully cool like rose petals on a spring morning. while they all eventually develop into something reliably great- in the 164eme, 165eme and 166eme we have had a recent string of bottlings that have particular personality traits- attractive excesses if you will, with the 168eme I find a more complete picture- and one that has come together beautifully very early- in half bottle anyway, luxurious, lavish and even riveting, this is Krug MV at its finest.

*(), from half bottle- bottles may be a bit less developed

As a side note- I got this in a promotional Krug lunch box case along with a packet of toasts and a small bottle of Petrossian Onion Jam. The Jam is wonderful. A nice accompaniment to the Krug, and in modest quantities I can see it doing great things to sandwiches, salads and light entrees. Worth the effort to seek out this mini-picnic set.

2 Likes