TN: An evening with friends, where we almost feel normal (Enfield, Ramey, ESJ, Meulenhof)

Four vaccinated friends enjoying the opportunity to dine together, and socialize as we did prior to March 2020

• 2016 Meulenhof Erdener Prälat Riesling Spätlese - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (5/15/2021)
    I think this is rather shut down. It still has all the tropical fruit that was on display three years ago, but now it’s as if there’s a dense fog between me and all that luscious fruit. Time to let this rest.
  • 2016 Ramey Chardonnay Fort Ross - Seaview - USA, California, Sonoma County, Fort Ross - Seaview (5/15/2021)
    Completely typical Ramey chard, so excellent blend of yellow fruit and spice, with a solid core of acid to keep it lively. This is always a top value for Chardonnay from anywhere.
  • 2018 Edmunds St. John El Jaleo Shake Ridge - USA, California, Sierra Foothills, Amador County (5/15/2021)
    The third vintage of this wine, and the most harmonious to date. Red cherry, tobacco leaf and earthy spice are all part of an intricate weave. It’s a very high thread count wine, but still has some funky edges. The counterpoint between the two aspect, smooth and rough, makes it really interesting now, and makes me look forward to the future.
  • 2020 Enfield Wine Co. Pinot Noir Foot Tread Rosé - USA, California, North Coast, Wild Horse Valley (5/15/2021)
    Strawberry festival in a glass, but more serious as well, as it’s 3/4 of the way to a red wine. Lovely to sip on a warm spring evening, but don’t mistake it for something to just pass off as an aperitif. There’s a lot of depth here.

Posted from CellarTracker