Vinous subscription abruptly terminated.

I have been fairly vocal about Galloni’s early bird premium. I chose not to renew, but my subscription runs out in March of 2022. After I chose not to renew, I was still able to use the web site.

This morning I tried to get back in and was not able to. Nor could I contact them at Info@vinous.com, using the same e mail I used to cancel and got a confirmation, is now not recognized.

No notice of cancelation, no refund. Is Galloni being thin skinned?

2 Likes

time to issue a charge back!

The things $2K a month can buy you…

Ghosted by Galloni…that’s a new one. If you are goading someone on a public forum he probably has every right to.
Perhaps if you cough up the 2-grand payment and send it with a box of chocolates he might just let you back in the clubhouse.

Did you opt out of the auto-renewal or did you cancel your subscription?

I’d imagine if you contacted Vinous and requested a cancelation of the subscription that your account would be terminated quickly and the subscription cost refunded prorated. If the latter though, then you’re foregoing any refund and maintaining your subscription until it expires.

Ive been pretty clear on Vinous about my objections but not been kicked off yet. Shades of the Squires board except that was an open forum.

#vinouscancelculture

Mark -

Just to clarify, your subscription hasn’t been terminated. You have access till March 2022, as requested and as confirmed by the team after you wrote in in early May.

(On an aside, if your subscription were terminated you would have received the appropriate notices, refund as appropriate etc. - the team doesn’t just cancel subscriptions and there is absolutely no cause to do so here.)

Unfortunately, there is no email in the info@vinous.com inbox regarding your difficulties signing in today, but the team is always very happy to help.

To request a password reset link you can click Vinous | Explore All Things Wine.

You will wish to use the email account associated with your subscription, rather than the one that you have used in the past for correspondence.
You can changed the associated email address when signed in, or feel free to email info@vinous.com.

We will of course send you emails directly too - the usual way the team is glad to help.

Regards,

James

(Part of the Vinous Team)

4 Likes

So much for that piling on fest.

2 Likes

Dammit - where now can I direct my moral outrage at something that doesn’t affect me?!?!?!

4 Likes

I tried the e mail at info@vinous.com several times both responding to your last e mail and separately.

Not only did it not accept my e mail I got a note that MY e mail was not recognized. Also curious why my password which I had been using for over a year was no longer functioning.

I really don’t feel the explanation makes any sense.

My IT dept tells me a lot of my tech problems are ‘user error’

1 Like

User error

Not in this case
It does look though that I can now play. I got an e mail from James and have now reset my password.

Still fishy.

1. I can no longer access the site
  2. I can no longer contact them by e mail replying to previous e mails. And it’s the same e mail James gave here on the board.

Mark,

Emails from you were received as follows:

• Subject: Problems logging in - 3.39pm ET
  • Subject: Logging in - 3.38pm ET
  • A reply without a body to a previous email - 3.38pm ET

Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/5020913/uploads/editor/kg/0pa7ochtjpzc.png

It appears that you have signed in successfully now, which is good to see. Please feel free to email info@vinous.com if the team can help further. It may be helpful to check “sent” items to ensure the email has been sent.

Regards,

James

James,

1. The e mails were sent between 1:00 and 1:25 while I was waiting in a doctor’s office two hours before you “got” them. I started this thread at 1:58 as I was sitting down to lunch.
  2. There were more than three e mails sent.
  3. The e mails were all rejected Vinous as not coming from a recognized e mail address.
  4. Because of the non delivery, I did not find them in “Sent”.
  5. Why did my password suddenly stop working.

To James’ credit he has sent me a number of e mails and I have a new password.

But it still seems weird that I lose the password and they reject my e mail so there is no way to contact them. Only when I begin the thread do I get a response

If the email bounced back, they didn’t get it, Mark. Pretty ridiculous thread IMO with misleading title.

2 Likes

Screenshot or it didn’t happen [popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif]

1 Like

Look, I’m having none of this if James is going to come in here and act professional, sincere, and prompt with excellent customer service.

[berserker.gif]

9 Likes

I’d really hate to see this thread die with just 19 posts.