Wineslash

I just started receiving emails from Wineslash. Anyone have any experience with them?

1 Like

With a name like that I would stay FAR AWAY.

I’ve bought from them a few times.

2016 BV Georges de LaTour Napa Valley Cabernet .
2013 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet
2014 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet

Haven’t opened them yet but felt price was right .
Had no issues with order/shipping and orders shipped temperature controlled until final delivery.
And prompt replies to my emails .

Off the top of my head, price looks around W-S low on:

Penfolds Bin 28
Capanna Brunello

I started receiving their emails and promptly unsubscribed. Never signed up for them. Who is behind these?

I would STRONGLY suggest you NOT do business with this company. They go cheap when it comes to shipping. You will get cooked wine in the summer. And, if you have a problem, you will end up talking to Maurine, the psycho owner. She goes postal as soon as you tell her that you have an issue with the shipping company. You can’t return the product. So you end up stuck with bad wine because they use a budget shipper.

1 Like

First post coming in hot!

I have no view in this company but always find things like this “curious.”

3 Likes

Kevin, not understanding your comment. Curious as to why I made the post or curious as to what occurred?

He is implying that people who register solely to write a negative review are initially less trusted than people who have participated for a while. Without further context about you it merely reads as a potential hit & run. I’m not saying that’s the case here, but that’s generally how established online communities feel about new arrivals.

1 Like

That makes sense. My initial reason was just that, but after reading numerous posts on a variety of subjects, I’m glad I joined! And once again, I am willing to provide specifics for anyone thinking about doing business with WineSlash, as I want to minimize the people going through what I experienced when there are so many great companies out there run by great people!

Glad you’re here. I think the reaction is borne of experience; we get a bunch of folks who sign up just so they can bash someone they’ve had bad experiences with (or who is a competitor?).

But I always trust John Glenn, even if he died 5 years ago. [snort.gif]

Nah, he directed ‘Moonraker’. Still trustworthy though.

True, but that was before he died. Hasn’t made a dog since then!

I bit on a mystery case with a pair or Riedels around a year ago. The wine showed up fine, but one of the glasses was missing. I sent them a pleasant note saying so and they sent me two more in the mail. If I remember correctly it shipped in styrofoam.

A few interesting things pop up there, but it’s a bargain hunter site. I’d place my expectations accordingly.

1 Like

This is the “Psycho Owner” Maurine. I really tried to ignore this, but John Glenn sends me frequent text messages with threats and such words as “I have so many connections in Napa, you will regret this decision until the end of your time”

This morning (10/26/2021) I received a text that said “Did you see my latest 2 reviews online? In the Halloween Spirit, it will scare off customers!” This prompted me to come back to this review which my assistant found online a month ago.

The fact is, John Glenn, did create this account on Wine Berserkers with the sole intent of placing a negative review on my company.

This entire thing started because he wasn’t home to receive and sign for the wine he ordered for 3 days in a row, and then contacted me after his missed Friday delivery attempt stating it would “spoil” over the weekend.

I worked with him and said “No Problem, please refuse the shipment when it arrives Monday, and I will refund you”.
However, he did not refuse the shipment, he accepted it, and signed for it. He still demanded a full refund, and refused to return the wine.
I offered to have a pick-up happen, and he refused saying it was cooked, so there was no reason to return it.

We send out the tracking numbers as soon as the orders ship so you can track your order.
John Glenn made no effort to receive his order safely & timely, and was not willing to make a compromise with us.
He refused to return wine he claims is “cooked”.

His credit card company actually sided with him and I lost the case that he files against me, and I dropped it becuase his $140 is not worth the stress, the harassment or the bullying I have already endured.

He has gone online to multiple avenues to trash talk my husband and I all because I refused to give him what he wanted in the first place, which was a full refund without having to return the wine.

We are a great company, ran by SIX people. Myself, My husband, our office manager, and 3 packers.
We own 100% of our inventory.
We pick/pack/ship everything ourselves.
We do not go on the cheap on shipping and offer FREE ICE BRICKS (that other companies charge up to $9 per brick), free sturdy styrofoam shippers, no sales tax, and free shipping over $99, as well as free temperature controlled shipping.

I am at the warehouse in Benicia, California 6 days of the week packing wine, answering phones and customer emails, leaving by 1pm to pick our 6 year old daughter up from school.

I have so many wonderful customers from all over the country, who I have formed relationships with, had lunch & dinner with when they have visited Napa, and in fact send our family Christmas card too!

Feel free to visit our site, and our FAQ and send me an email asking any questions.
Visit or facebook and see all of my customers whom I have a personal relationship with over the last 6 years.

I guess the saying goes, you cannot make everyone happy. Which is understandable.

Never, in 6 years of business, have I encountered such a vile, rude, entitled, vindictive and harassing individual as John Glenn.

7 Likes

You probably signed up with one of our partner wineries.

And John uses a middle initial . My parents told me to watch out for those people.

1 Like

Nice response, sorry for your hassle. I’ll take a look at your site…

2 Likes

Maurine - Thank you for your response. I’ve reviewed your FAQs/terms for your site, and they look great - more than reasonable. I am signing up for your emails - thank you. And sorry for your hassle. Theo

1 Like