TN: 2018 Grosset Riesling Polish Hill Clare Valley

• 2018 Grosset Riesling Polish Hill Clare Valley - Australia, South Australia, Mount Lofty Ranges, Clare Valley (6/1/2021)
    I really wish I could have given this a splash of decant time, but no matter, this was great. I cannot remember the last time I have had this but clearly far too long. Wonderful purity on display, spring flowers woven around a tight core of fresh lime juice and rocky things. Didn’t really get this to budge much over 2 hrs but no matter, this good now, great later. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Great wine. I think, almost a benchmark standard for bone dry Rieslings. Just ordered another half a case myself.

This was a WOW wine for me the first time I tried, and has since become a go-to in the summertime. Fresh lime juice and white flowers is so spot on.

Got a delivery today and immediately popped one, couldn’t wait. As good as ever. For me, this is the reference bone dry.

Love this wine. I haven’t had much Australian riesling but this has got to be a benchmark.

Terrific wine that really starts to shine from age 10. The 2002 and 2005 are both splendid right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the note Dale! I’m wondering if you found this in Seattle?

Cheers,

Hal

Hi Hal,

Wine.com of all places - looks like they have the 19’s in stock, please report back if you pull some in and pop a cork anytime soon.

Dale