TN: 2015 Ser Cabernet Pfeffer (USA, California, Central Coast, Cienega Valley)

• 2015 Ser Cabernet Pfeffer - USA, California, Central Coast, Cienega Valley (6/1/2021)
    I’ve had all of Nicole’s Cab Pfeffer’s from 2015 and onwards and they never fail to impress. Still so fresh, prominent fruit and full of verve. A delightful wine and the wine is in a perfect spot. One of the best kept secrets in CA wines. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Hey Adam - what would you say these wines compare to, in terms of aroma, flavor profile and the way they are expressed by Ser (oak? Light hand?). I’ve wondered what these are like.

Hi Jack.

To me they seem to be somewhere in the Grenache world, with hints of the fruitiness of Pinot. I don’t detect any oak really, but I’m sure there’s some subtle aging going on as it’s got a polished feel.

1 Like

Grabbed a few (2 x '16, 1 x '17) based on your TN above. Looking forward to trying soon. Cheers!

1 Like

SER’s tasting room is in Aptos, CA (Santa Cruz Co.). They have outside patio tables as well as a nice indoor room. And, the bonus, they serve food from Cafe Sparrow which is across the street. Good food at reasonable prices.