TN: 2014 Dirty, Rowdy & Enfield Red Wine Antle Vineyard

• 2014 Dirty, Rowdy & Enfield Red Wine Antle Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone (6/3/2021)
    From magnum this is still incredibly young, but very enjoyable to drink now. It’s refreshing, light without being insubstantial, and mostly shows its 50% pinot noir side, until about the mid-palate, where a streak of mourvedre wildness creeps in and swirls through the finish. Not much structure showing, which makes it very easy to drink, but also has me wondering where it’s headed. There’s plenty of fruit, and the acidity is good, so it’s maybe going to roll right through the night.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Found one of these in the cellar and popped last night, really didn’t care for it much. The Mourvedre dominated and the Pinot just confused everything just not blending together. Two varieties in a bar fight. Could not get through a glass will try again tonight.

I brought this to some friends’ last night. We liked it. Some tertiary spice and earthiness coming through, but it still comes off as a younger wine. Dark fruit and over-ripe strawberries. Very structured; the tannins permeate the palate. I have one more left, and wouldn’t worry I didn’t get around to opening it for a few years.

photos

wine. Dark fruit and over-ripe strawberries. Very structured; the tannins permeate the palate. I have one more left, and wouldn’t worry I didn’t get around to opening it for a few years.

Glad to hear Warren, for whatever reason my bottle just never came together.

1 Like