TN: Bubbles, white & orange: Gerbais, Bize, Picq & Radikon

NV Pierre Gerbais - Grains de Celles Extra-Brut
50% PN, 25% PB, 25% Chard (3g/l, I think)
We’ve gone through a lot of these now. They don’t get to age. Fruit forward and accessible for an Extra-Brut but with nice crispness to give it good balance. Easy to drink, easy to pair. Not expensive either.

2014 Simon Bize Savigny-lès-Beaunes Blanc
I had the 2013 recently and enjoyed it. This shows better. A little tight upon opening but it didn’t last long. Same rich mouthfeel as the 2013 but then it’s vibrant and shows nice tension with enough fruit and a nice mineral finish. Very enjoyable. The previous 2014 I had was showing some premox so beware.

2018 Gilbert Picq et Fils Chablis Dessus la Carrière
I had the 2019 Village recently and was underwhelmed. This one is very good. Mouthful of fruit (pear) and some floral notes. Even though this is initially quite round, the acidity and minerality (chalk dust) combo then shows up to bring the desired freshness. Ample finish and good length. This could see a few years in the cellar but I don’t think they’ll get to…

2014 Radikon Jakot
First time with this cuvée. I loved the 2013 Oslavje I had a couple of months ago. This had to be flawed… lots of VA that overtakes everything. Other than the interesting texture, it hints at some complexity (floral notes, nuts, candied orange) but everything takes a back seat to the acidity.