Suzor Wines - Great Customer Service and Much More

My wife and I paid a short visit to the Willamette Valley last week and stopped by Suzor to try some of their wines, which were new to me but had very positive reviews from the recent Berserker Day sale. Suffice to say we were blown away by the amazing reception we received from Melissa and Greg. We tasted four or five of their recent bottlings on a beautiful sunny day out among the vineyards. This was a relaxed wine tasting experience as it should be: an informative exchange with passionate owners who enjoy meeting fellow wine lovers and discussing mutual experiences in wine/travel etc. We enjoyed it immensely and ordered a case of their wines (four Chardonnay, four Pinot Noir and four rose) for our return to Seattle. When we returned home and opened the case, we discovered that the four Chardonnay had been mistakenly been replaced with the Pinot that was actually more expensive. When I e-mailed Melissa to explain what had happened, she immediately offered to ship the four missing Chards free of charge and told me to keep the four extra Pinots to enjoy with friends. Now that is customer service at its finest! Oh, and did I mention?: the wines are incredible: 2018 Sunflower Chardonnay, 2016 Tower Pinot Noir, and 2019, l’Escargot Rose of Pinot Noir–all very special. I highly recommend anyone interested in up-and-coming Willamette Valley wineries pay a visit to Suzor. You will not be disappointed. We had a number of other great visits on this short trip including Shiba Wichern (impressive Pinot Noir, Auxerrois and Willamette Valley white, and a great discussion with Akiko of wines to pair with Japanese food since my wife is from Japan!), Westrey (really great visit with David, the former Reed philosophy major and New Orleans music lover, Goodfellow (thanks to Megan for a really fun tasting), and last but not least, Vincent (great line-up of wines as always). All were impressive and welcoming, but I wanted to give a special shout out to Greg and Melissa for their kindness and meticulous customer service.

4 Likes

TN 2018 Suzor Sunflower Chardonnay

I’ve gone through 5 of 6 bottles after Chang and Rodrigo touted its quality. These have been remarkably consistent and are certainly the best pound for pound chardonnay I’ve had <$25… Maybe <$35…

It is open and showy on PnP and on day #2. The nose is effusive with white peach, anise, and a lovely wet stone element. The palate is packed with pear juice (think about the sweet liquid in canned pears), white peach, lime peel, and vanilla bean. It has tension to balance the opulence, even leaving a spicy tone on the finish.

I can’t wait to order a case next year, and would second the notion that Greg offers top notch customer service. Several retailers in my area loved these wines and will be reaching out in attempt to stock them…

Open up my last bottle of pinot today. Love this wine and will go for a case next time. Thanks for very well done wine.

Thank you so much Robert. But what you are politely omitting, or my wife didn’t tell you, is she is great at customer service. I can’t fill an order to save my life. But so glad you guys had a good time. Wine tasting should not happen behind a big wooden bar, but in the cellar, in the vineyard, in jeans and dirty shoes. That is way more fun.

3 Likes

I wish we made more available to Berserker. Our Chardonnay is my favorite to make and drink. We haven’t released it yet, but we are lucky enough to be sold out. So we were only able to get a few bottles out for BD13. I wish we could have more, greedy distributors!