TN: 2006 Clos Roche Blanche Touraine Cuvée Cot (France, Loire Valley, Touraine)

• 2006 Clos Roche Blanche Touraine Cuvée Cot - France, Loire Valley, Touraine (6/11/2021)
    Aaargh! You store and care for a wine for years and then it turns on you.

Viciously corked bottle. NR (flawed)

Posted from CellarTracker

that’s a tough one.
Past 2 weeks corked 1993 Chevillon Vaucrains and last night 2002 De Montille Pommard Pezerolles

Ah man, I was all excited to open this thread!

Damn! What, exactly, was wrong with it?

as the note said, it was corked. The TCA filled the room…

We also had a corked 1979 Ducru Beaucaillou in the same Zoom tasting. Not as bad but very noticeable.

Ugh. There were a ton of corked 1993 Chevillon 1ers floating around. I’ve avoided them for years because of a terrible TCA rate. Such a shame.

That’s such terrible pain. I had a corked bottle of 2013 Pif recently. Only a few left, then gone forever.

I brought a bottle of Sauvignon to a dinner with some friends (definitely wine people). I think it got a “Hey, this is pretty good” and a double-take on the label, but it didn’t get finished. I really hoped it did the next day, tbh.

I vowed to drink the rest alone at home.

A 96 or 97 Sauvignon was the first CRB I tried. Someone (I’d guess Joe) brought it to a dinner for Lou Kessler and I was amazed at how good it was. The next day I went looking for it hoping it wasn’t too much more than $30 or $40. When I saw $8 it was woohoo!

2 Likes

Each bottle gone is sad. When it’s corked the sadness turns to agony.

Amazing! Pretty sure they never broke the $30 barrier even at the end. Were they even over $25 at retail?

2014 Pif was $16.99 at the end.

Just like children , Jay

I agree. I’ve had a disturbing number of corked CRBs, most recently a 2014 Gamay, though corked Côts hurt the worst.