2010 Dom Perignon

I’ve opened 3 bottles of this bubbly and the first 2 were no where near being ready, but the 3rd one was really good and since I had just received another batch and needed some storage room, I decided to pull and pop another one and if it was as good as the last one, It’d be really good and worth robbing the cradle.

As it turns out, it was fantastic and yes, it can benefit from some more aging, but it gave so many wonderful treasures and was hailed by all who partook.

2010 DOM PERIGNON- 54% Chardonnay, 46% Pinot Noir; the bottle has some etchings and there is a code, but nowhere can I find a way to decipher them; so, I sent an email to the house and hopefully will receive an reply with some disclosure; following its straw yellow color came aromas of fresh citrus and tropical fruit which on the palate became lemon, lime, kiwi and pineapple with a nice streak of spice; missing was the usual notes of toasty brioche which will come in time from the browning effect/ Maillard reaction that so typically defines this epic champagne; it had a light, creamy mousse and exuded finesse, elegance and charm throughout; one made the analogy that it was 06` Taittinger Comtes like in terms of its quality and high standing on the pleasure meter.

Cheers,
Blake
IMG_0551.jpeg

1 Like

We opened a bottle at thanksgiving and it was pedestrian at best. It was out shone by $40 Chartogne Tallet. I have 2 left so I’ll probably drink another soon.

1 Like

I had a bottle in April and it good overall. Classic flavors and solid right now. I’m not rushing to buy more. When I come across 2008s I’m trying to stockpile those.

1 Like

That was my experience with the 2nd bottle about the same time last year. The 3rd one was in March and the results were what led to opening this one. I’m liking the trend.

Love the 08 and stockpiling it is a good thing to do. Of all of the other vintages since 02, I’m loving the 10` as much or better as was the case with this last bottle.

I sent a bottle of this to my niece’s wedding shower recently along with a Cristal 2005 and my wife reported that the Dom was very good. I haven’t tried it myself yet, but I’m going to add some to my cellar the next time the NH state liquor stores have a 15% off Champagne sale. (I think they usually do this for 4th of July)

I know the 2006 has been somewhat over looked given the run of recent (since 2000) vintages, but it has been drinking fabulously.

1 Like

I had one superb bottle in 17 and one good bottle in 19, no recent experience.

Idk, mine didn’t taste shut down, it just wasn’t very good.

We’ll see, I hope it doesn’t get better but I’m definitely not buying more.

Agreed. 06` was great out of the gate and so much better now IMHO.

Maybe I’ll have to get a 10 from Costco!

I’ve seen it much cheaper at places other than our local Costco which sells it for $160.

Nostalgic thread-drift here; I bought the '96 at Costco in 2005 for $99. At the time, it was a big leap for me in terms of wine spending, and I only bought three. My 25th Anniversary will come around this summer, and one of those will be on the table.

1 Like

A worthy drift Warren. Love it. Enjoy

I’ve seen it online for semi cheaper, but with shipping would amount the same or more. Nowhere near me has it for cheaper than 170. Only more than that.

I luckily did buy a bunch of those back in the day. Should’ve bought the whole display they had on close out at 90.

Third vote for the 06. Had this a month ago and it was incredible

Also really like the 09. I found it to be much more “elegant” in a really good way.

For those within driving distance, NH State Liquor Stores have them for $150, and hopefully they will be 15% off next month or $127.50 each (for 3 or more, or something like that) for the July sale. (Although they just raised their price on Cristal recently. I’m hoping the Dom doesn’t get raised in the near term but it could.)

I bought a few cases from Premier Cru… and they were actually delivered

You should have immediately gone to Vegas.