What Activities INCREASE Your Wine Drinking Pleasure?

Much like different wine glasses can increase a wine’s pleasure, what activities have you found to increase a wine’s pleasure, as well.
Typically, outside of a meal, I drink wine while watching a movie…but tonight, while drinking a fine 1991 palo cortado sherry, my senses were afire while listening to Mozart, pondering and appreciating the complexities of the wine. It was joyfully sedate.

What about you?

3 Likes

Being able to talk about wine with people who share the interest and the passion greatly enhances the experience

4 Likes

Edibles

2 Likes

Music

Being in Europe

For some reason, almost every wine I drink while I am on vacation tastes better… neener

1 Like
  1. Yes, tasting with friends or like minded wine nerds. That can make a bad wine good: the wine becomes a stimulus for conversation.

2. While I am cooking. Me and Julia Child…‘a little for the dish, a little for me’…

3. Yup, while playing tunes.

4. For some peculiar reason, sitting in an Adirondack chair always improves a wine. Other chairs aren’t bad, but in a nice outdoor setting, those chairs allow me to set down my wine on the arm of the chair and rest the stem between my fingers and enjoy it all. (Sitting on the deck and the sun goes down but the trees and the hill behind the house are still alive with ‘alpenglow.’ While star gazing is good, too. Balconies overlooking beaches are pretty great, as well.)

5. Being in the presence of my wife enhances pretty much everything.

6. Drinking wine with the person who made the wine.

7. Tasting in a cellar.

8. Getting to have a barrel taste.

9. That first ‘welcome glass’ when arriving someplace is hard to top.

10. Staring into a fire while watching it snow outside the window.

11. Hammock.

You know, the usual! [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

5 Likes

Love this !

I agree. [cheers.gif]

Sitting outdoors in beautiful weather with good friends who also enjoy wine, music playing, dogs romping around the yard, and the grill firing up.

1 Like

When evaluating a wine, silence and close my eyes. Then back to the friends and music.

coitus

Apologies for the double post.

Yeah, I like to take a moment during coitus to swirl my stem, get my nose up in there, and really savor a nice taste. I mean hey, I still have the other hand free!

Oops, I meant this…

2 Likes

getting dominated, aka dominos pizza.

Yay! [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

My wife thinks the world’s greatest Lynch Bages pairing is with a Carl’s Jr. Super Star (no onions.)

1 Like

Drinking wine with the person who made it.

1 Like

Buying more.