TN: 2014 Jacques Lassaigne Champagne Autour de Minuit Les Paluets (France, Champagne)

• 2014 Jacques Lassaigne Champagne Autour de Minuit Les Paluets - France, Champagne (13/06/2021)
    Remarkable champagne, aged for three years in barrels previously used for Ganevat Vin Jaune. Native yeast, from Montgueux near Troyes. Deliciously fresh up front, orchard fruits that moves into a tangy VJ influenced midpalate, with fresh walnut, has some flesh but finishes with a really saline finish. Quite unusual and distinctive but delicious too.

2 Likes

Very cool. I love Lassaigne and will have to find a few bottles, if possible.

I did not even know this existed! I’m leaving for France in a few days so on the hunt I’ll go. It does not seem easy to find.

Tiny production!

Probably only worth tracking down if you are a fan of biologically aged wines, as the influence of the Vin Jaune barrels is strong, but I absolutely love it.

Thanks for the note, Russell. Love Lassaigne, never heard of this before.

i had the first release of this, made from le cotet of the 2011 vintage i believe. very interesting, but only if you like the vin jaune curry notes. oddly enough i felt this aging also contributed significantly to the body of the wine somehow. a generous mouthful of champagne without a doubt.