TN: 2020 Dirty and Rowdy MSG Rosé (USA, California)

These came in just in time for me to take one to the beach with us. Tore into it last night.
Fun wine. [cheers.gif]

• 2020 Dirty and Rowdy MSG Rosé - USA, California (6/13/2021)
    Very pretty, light pinkish-salmon color. I get some green apple and floral notes on the nose. It’s light color betrays the serious cut and verve of the wine. Rocky and cool right now, there are black pepper notes and a longish finish. This is no delicate rose, but at the same time, quite refreshing. It was just terrific alongside a shrimp boil with some fresh shrimp from Goatfeathers.

Posted from CellarTracker

4 Likes

Thanks Dennis, also had this a couple nights ago and agree with your note. This rose was a mouthful yet was light on it’s feet. We really enjoyed this, actually reminded us of some recent Italian rosato’s we’ve had. Was pretty great with some fish tacos.

Tom

2 Likes

Thanks, Tom! Hope all is well. Fish tacos sounds like a good match as well. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Thanks Dennis, I opened one Saturday and really enjoyed it. Last night the Syrah Rosé bookend which is a bit more serious and paired well with an Adventurous Flannery Burger. All told I’m happy I bought them.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. Look forward to trying the Syrah rose when I get back to town. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Thanks Dennis and everyone! We got a lot of great feedback this weekend on the rosé wines.

The MSG has some density as the old vine Mourvèdre really adds to the mouthfeel. A very fun wine!

1 Like