Issue with Winebid and IPhone...

Anyone else having issues accessing Winebid from smart phone? When using the app, or even web searched, I am not able to search for anything, or click on any wine link? I go to the “search for wine” bar and nothing pops up for me to type in anything? Have checked for updates, rebooted phone, nada? Using iPhone 6…thanks.

[help.gif]

iPhone 6s still work?

Very inclined to believe iPhone 6 (which at this point is what? 7 or 8 generations ago?) is the issue here.

Using it right now, but on an 11.

Been fine up until a few days ago! Is it a Safari thing? Have had issues on other things like dmv with older safari browser? Will send out a smoke signal to Russ… [snort.gif]

IOS is 12.5.3

No problems here. I have an SE.

iPhone 6!? MY GOODNESS. Is that even supported by apple anymore!? How slow do webpages load on a 7 year old smartphone. Is it even a smartphone anymore? Just mildly intelligent?

1 Like

BUZZ, I’m not a “get a new phone every year” kind of guy either, but Iphone 12 is the current model and the current IOS is 14.6. Buy a couple less bottles of Krug and get yourself a new phone, buddy! [bye.gif]

As an $AAPL shareholder, please upgrade your phone. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I like my 6! My wife and kids have X’s and they are always complaining about them! Plus, they are too thick and heavy imo. But just scanning through the current offers…looks like there is an iPhone 12 mini?? That looks like something I would like…smaller, lighter, thinner…upgraded with the current tech stuff! Hmmm maybe I’ll look into that one?

I only upgraded from a 6s a year ago, it was still working great then. Actually prefer the size and weight to my 11.

I’m having trouble too, on my Macintosh 128K, but it might just be a bad floppy disk drive.

[wink.gif]

1 Like

There are currently two small iPhones… the SE mk2 is smaller than the 12 mini.

Some people have issues with flicker on the new OLED screens

Try clicking near the website address where the AA is and select “Request Desktop Website”.

If you’re using the app, it’s not a Safari issue. iPhone 6 can’t run IOS beyond 12, so that’s probably the problem.

The current app probably wasn’t written to run on IOS 12.

Apple does still support the 6, though, and evidently even issued an update recently. I wouldn’t have replaced mine three years ago except that the battery expanded as it went through its death throws and snapped the case open. Other than that, I was happy. I wouldn’t have given up my vintage 2012 iPad two years ago, either, but the NY Times app wouldn’t run on it anymore.

Ah, but the first SE or the updated SE? I have the first. It is tiny and I love it.

Same, I only upgraded from my 6S to my husband’s old 8 Plus just this February

For what it’s worth a good friend of mine, who is very familiar with Apple’s hardware, told me that the single core performance of the 6S keeps up nicely with modern requirements. New phones have many more cores than the A9 in the 6S, but that only makes a difference for certain workloads (e.g. games, video editing) which I do exactly zero of [shrug.gif]

That’s what I have…love it. I like phones that fit in my pocket. If I wanted a phone the size of a tablet I’d buy a tablet.

Hehe, the new one. I had the first for many years and loved it. The new one is a bit bigger than I’d like but it does the job!

OMG you all crack me up. iPhone 6? I believe that’s a 2014 vintage white, funky aroma of baked apples, some oxidiziation and occasional bricking starting to occur? Sorry, we don’t do vintage iPhone auctions- those don’t gain in value or get better with age. I did work with Gazelle.com/EcoATM a long while ago, and they will buy used phones and also sell refurb phones at great prices!

More seriously, we are looking into it but we believe it is from users on outdated versions of Safari, and we are seeing what we can do to back-support older “vintages.”

Thanks for letting us know, and in the future it’s a lot faster to let customer support know rather than the Berserker community, as supportive as they are!

[rofl.gif]