TN: Cosi Fanetti, Tutti Frutti...

Tonight we had the 1985 Fanetti, Tenuta Santa Agnese, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Riserva. This wine has one of the shortest corks I’ve ever seen, maybe 1.5" at max. Yet the wine stain only goes up 1/4" on the cork, showing that it’s been stored really well. After a careful decanting the wine still has a brilliant clear red core, with a bit of orange at the edge…amazing for a 35 year old Sangiovese. A gorgeous nose of dried cranberries and plums, leather, spice, fennel, earth, and a whiff of mint. Follows through on the palate, with dried cranberry, cherry, and plum fruit, leather, anise, mint, dried earth and winter spices. Super traditional, very dry, and absolutely amazing with a grilled pork chop coated in Vignalta Italian herb salt. Another great bargain auction last year at $15…I wish there was more available. A sticker with a bar code on the back says aisle 16, bin 2A, so wondering if this originally came from a restaurant? Imported by Enotec Imports, Denver, CO. I’ve never had a Vino Nobile with this much age, but in a great vintage, from a traditional producer, they will go the distance. Delicious. Approx…92-94.
image0 (8).jpeg

Wow what a buy for $15, sounds fantastic!

That color looks really nice. Great note too!