TN: 2001 Louis Remy - Latricières-Chambertin (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Latricières-Chambertin)

2001 Domaine Louis Remy Latricières-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Latricières-Chambertin Grand Cru (5/20/2021)
– decanted 45 min before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 2 to 3 hours –

NOSE: high-toned and red-fruited; autumnal (tertiary); delicate; moderately expressive.

BODY: garnet color with bricking throughout; color is of light to medium-light concentration/depth; medium-light bodied.

TASTE: high, but gentle, acidity; strong spicy florals; cool red fruits, intermixed with those floral scents; a pleasant underlying savory aspect; elegant; smooth; likely not getting better from here; slightly tart; seems to be in its prime window, and not in the front end of that window, either; an excellent wine, but not bombastic; rather, this is simply well-put-together, has all of its T’s crossed and I’s dotted — everything is “in the right place” — a Goldilocks wine, if you will. Drink Now and over the near term. Ash gut impression score: 93.

50, 5, 12, 17, 8 = (92 pts.)

1 Like

Friends,

Domaine REMY sold a large part of the estate to LALOU. (Rumours are LALOU wants to sell her domaine now for 1 billion Euros). What was left of the Remy domaine went to CHANTAL REMY who never succeeded in becoming one of the true greats. Good domaine, that’s for sure. But nothing more than that.

SINCERELY JOHAN

[snort.gif]

Lalou bought Philippe Remy in 1989, this is Louis R. … related but different.

dear Robert,

je peux toujours me tromper me c’est bien le domaine LOUIS REMY que Lalou a acheté…It is the LOUIS REMY domaine that LALOU bought (I always stay at neighbouring hotel Côte Rotie à Morey))

SINCERELY JOHAN

Sorry, I still disagree:

Look here: Terroir Insight: Domaine Leroy Clos de la Roche
…about the 3rd paragraphe down:

As mentioned Mme Bize-Leroy acquired the Gevrey Chambertin estate Domaine Philippe Rémy in 1989. <<

and here: Domaine Leroy - SoDivin

and here: Leroy | Guardian of Great Wines
(under Domaine Leroy)

Philippe Rémy was in Gevrey-Chambertin … Louis Remy is in Morey-St-Denis at the Place du monument … and now in the hands of Chantal Rémy (daughter) … the domaine indeed has shrunk, but due to heritage problems with her brothers.

I must be heavily mistaken if this isn´t correct …

Dear Robert,

you are right. my mistake. This error has been with me ever since I first visited domaine CHANTAL REMY.

SINCERELY JOHAN

great note!

1 Like