Top 25 Wineries in Napa/Sonoma to visit

I am sure there won’t be an controversy on this

1 Like

Two comments.

-The list is a top 25 wineries to visit in the bay area. Five of the wineries are not in Napa/Sonoma.

-A pretty solid list IMHO. Good info on hours, fee’s and maps. Unfortunately behind a paywall for most.

Great seeing Frog’s Leap in the mix here! My #1 favorite spot to visit and purchase wines; great hospitality and balance, balance, balance!

Agreed, some of my favorite wines dating back to the 90s. All dry farmed fruit, great balance, and just lovely wines and people.

It’s also really nice to see Corison in there as well.

Love the wines, but we have a terrible experience when we went a few weeks ago. Seemed very ‘corporate’; host didn’t really know the wines, basically gave us the name, poured the wine and came back in 20 minutes for the next.

Thanks for posting, Neal. A few thoughts:

Corison is a great visit. The views of the vineyards from the back are fantastic.
Hendry is a little off the path in West Napa. You feel like the only places near are vineyards and trees. Very friendly people.
As much as I like Ridge up in Cupertino, and we have been there dozens of times, we have been going to their Healdsburg tasting room more in the last few years. If I were visiting Ridge for the first time I would definitely go to the Cupertino tasting room. And go up and down the hill VERY slowly!

Ed

Glad to see Sinskey on here. It’s the one place I recommend to everyone, because it’s a great price point for all visitors, the wines are very high quality and accessible, the setting can’t be beat, and the food pairings are superb.

Something tells me those wineries had to pay to be on that list.

Wow, you’re suggesting a major newspaper is running an advertorial without disclosure?

My top 25 is completely different!

Unti was a favorite of ours when we visited Sonoma last. More for the wines than the experience, but we all tend to enjoy a more personal experience than found in a tasting room. But the wines were quite good, and at very reasonable price points.

I liked Pride Mountain for the wines and the view. Great tasting experience.

1 Like

I dont think theres a better more complete stop for first timers and the tasting fees are reasonable