Sparkling sekt & ribs

For Fathers Day, I was grilling ribs on a hot afternoon, and needed something cold while meddling around with it. Unfortunately, my sister doesn’t drink beer (1st choice for bbq) or reds (Zinfandel 2nd choice) so I pulled the only bottle of sekt I’ve ever purchased to go with this. She lived in Germany for a long time and was pleasantly surprised. The NV Loosen Riesling ‘sparkling’ was 12% abv, and although I thought sekt is supposed to be dry, this was off dry, as the tech sheet says 14g/l sugar. Basically it tasted like a fizzy version of their Blue Slate. But the bubbles and acidity went well with the sticky brown sugary ribs, and I made a time consuming carmelized carrots with grated ginger, honey, and scallions to pair with it as well.
PXL_20210621_010657740.jpg
Loosen’s sparkling is correct and likable; I just don’t think I’d get it again as it feels too sweet for me. I like dessert wines, but for this dinner I wanted something drier. It has the acidity to go with the barbecue though.
Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 10.12.14 PM.png

Sekt uses the same dosage scale as Champagne. Certainly many are brut, even if this one wasn’t.