Upcoming Saxum Release

Any ideas about what will be in the July release?

The postcard states July 13th.

Not when, but what.
I hope the one lonely white they make, but I think that is in the fall. I will buy something whatever it is.

The white was sold in the previous January release. This is from last years July release:

The offering will include our 2018 Broken Stones ($98), 2018 Paderewski Vineyard ($98) and our extended age 2017 The Hexe ($148).

The following wines will be sold first come, first served. Our 2018 Terry Hoage Vineyard ($98) and our extended age 2017 Rocket Block ($148).

Have people got the save the date email already?

I am guessing 2019 Broken Stones, Paderewski and Terry Hoage and 2018 Rocket Block.
But Justin sometimes changes things up.

I am guessing 2019 Broken Stones, Paderewski and Terry Hoage and 2018 Rocket Block.
But Justin sometimes changes things up.

I thought 18 was the last Terry Hoage?

Tom

1 Like

Ryan has got it- this was last July’s offering and the White has been January.
Haven’t received the save the date email yet.

Judging by the Instagram post they just made it looks like 2018 4hearts may be included as well? New embossed bottles look killer.

The answer is “another severe hit to my credit card.” BUT I had a 2008 Broken Stones for Father’s Day and although I may now be buying wine for my not very deserving children, I am probably all in. Has anyone had The Hexe or the white wine? I have not opened mine yet.

1 Like

I haven’t my white yet either but so far, the CT notes are underwhelming. Probably will stick to the reds.

I love the whites and wish I could buy more. If you would like to sell yours, pm me.

Sorry, no, why would I do something stupid like that?

You and I have different definitions of underwhelming. The CT notes I see say things like WOTY.

I have to try any angle to get more.

1 Like

Underwhelming for the price. Maybe 2018 wasn’t the best year for it but it seems like a poor QPR. It may just need some time though.

you are certainly in the minority. if you want to sell you will find many buyers.

To each their own when it comes to ‘QPRs’ on any and all wines . . .

Cheers

The 17 was outstanding (and CT notes concur). I only was able to get two. I got six 18s. They are Rhone-style so I would expect them to need some time.

Yes - you are correct. the 2018 was the last vintage. They had to pull the vines due to a virus and replant.