Fall 2021 Bedrock Release Tuesday July 20. Save the date

Latest email. Been waiting for Under the Wire release.

“It’s hard to believe that we’re almost halfway through 2021! We’ve felt like we’ve had a lot to celebrate over the last few months, and as we look ahead to the rest of the year, we wanted to let you know that the Fall 2021 Bedrock Release will be coming up on Tuesday, July 20th. The fall release is always a fun one as it’s stacked with heritage wines from storied vineyards along with some fun additions to our lineup.

In the meantime, this week we have our 2021 Under the Wire Release featuring a collection of single-vineyard sparkling wines, including our first ever vintage of Hirsch Sparkling Pinot Noir (2013) and the latest release of Sparkling Zinfandel from Bedrock Vineyard (ever heard of it?). As a reminder, that release takes place separately from Bedrock, so if you haven’t yet done so, please sign up on the Under the Wire website or let us know by replying to this email. We do have a waiting list for Under the Wire but will honor your standing on the Bedrock list for Under the Wire orders.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or punny jokes, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (707) 343-1478 or orders@bedrockwineco.com.

Best,
Morgan and Chris

Bedrock Wine Co.”

Credit card meet blowtorch.

2 Likes

I do love Under the Wire … oh my

Any word on what Bedrock wines are being released?

I’ve been cutting back considerably after the beating my CC took last year but I think I’ll have to go in for some Under the Wire, they sound terrific!

I’m sure we can get a better source or just wait, but Bedrock 2020 fall release was:

2019 OVZ
2019 Bedrock Heritage
2019 Evangelho
2019 Old Hill Ranch
2019 Noma
2019 Dolinsek
2019 Esola
2018 Nervo
2019 Bien Nacido X Block
2018 Calico Syrah (just a one off?)
2019 Wirz Riesling
2019 Compagni Portis
2019 Staves of Waidhofen

Which is to say a ton of different wines!

Hmm…I’m wondering how those vineyards fared in 2020. Looking forward to Morgan sharing more about the upcoming release.

On a selfish note, I wish the fall release was a couple weeks later. I think it used to be in August. Last year and this year, it coincides with the Rivers Marie cab release and is a week after the Carlisle release. Tough timing and I end up buying less than I’d like of all three, as a result.

1 Like

Noma might be a one-off (or two) as well, as the vines were supposedly going to be ripped out to build warehouses. Maybe MTP can update us on what’s happening there.

The Under the Wire Bedrock Wine Conversations podcast episode was posted yesterday…

Bedrock Wine Conversations Podcast
“2021 Under the Wire Release”

June 28, 2021

"Chris and Morgan break down the wines of Under the Wire’s 2021 Release.

13:15: 2017 Under the Wire Brosseau Vineyard Sparkling Chardonnay

25:03: 2016 Under the Wire Alder Springs Vineyard Sparkling Chardonnay

25:03: 2016 Under the Wire Alder Springs Vineyard Sparkling Pinot Noir

34:38: 2017 Under the Wire Bedrock Vineyard Sparkling Zinfandel

42:15: 2013 Under the Wire Hirsch Vineyard Sparkling Pinot Noir "

Under the Wire website:

2 Likes

Fantastic thanks.

I went through a decision process a couple years ago and decided to no longer buy Carlisle, I thought Bedrock was as good or better. I also dropped RM, I just didn’t like the QPR of these and the Cabs never hit my sweet spot. So in the end, I buy more Bedrock and never looked back.

Yeah, that won’t work for me. I love Carlisle. Bedrock and Carlisle are my two favorite Zinfandel wineries.

And Rivers Marie has been one of my favorite cab producers for the last decade. I typically pass on the pinots to buy other things in the winter, but I’m not going to pass on the cabs.

im sure we’ll be getting a podcast about it when its closer. those damn podcasts are half the reason these releases have been, as someone upthread put it, such a credit card blowtorch for me lately.

Do we know if all their heritage wines were made in 2020 or did fire impact some of them?

Also, what was 2020 growing like besides fire prone? I seem to remember it being a good growing season until that all went crazy

Don’t remember the specifics, but Morgan got into it a little on the most recent winemakers podcast…though I do remember mention of a possible 2019 Bedorck Vineyard merlot release this year…

thats a separate one from the Bedrock Wine Conversations podcast right?

It is!

Yeah that was a separate podcast from the Bedrock Conversation podcast. “The Winemakers Podcast” most recent episode was with MTP - definitely worth a listen. Morgan talked pretty extensively about their fire testing and all the precautions they had been taking, but I don’t recall him saying exactly which vineyards had been affected.

Paging Morgan Twain Peterson. Please pick up the white courtesy phone and give us some release notes. Thank you in advance.

More info:

“ We’re sending over a quick reminder that the Fall 2021 Bedrock Release will be coming up on Tuesday, July 20th.

This release features wines from the 2018, 2019 and 2020 vintage including 2019 Ode to Lucien, 2019 Enz Heritage Wine, 2019 Gibson Ranch Heritage Wine along with the 2020 incarnations of Old Vine, Bedrock Heritage, Old Hill Ranch, Schmiedt Road Zinfandel and Esola Zinfandel along with Wirz Riesling and Staves of Waidhofen Sauvignon Blanc.

2020 was a challenging vintage, which makes us all the more proud of what we have in bottle - the result of hard work, major dedication from our team, and countless reports and analyses from labs as far away as Australia. Though there are certain wines that will not be made in 2020 due to wildfires and smoke, the benefits of being geographically diverse in our vineyards has served us well, and we are thrilled with the wines we will be able to release.

We also want to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to our Under the Wire release a few weeks ago. To our amazement, the wines sold out in about 24 hours. We’re taking a bit of a breather to review our inventory, and we plan on reaching out with additional wines available from our cellar in the coming months. If you haven’t yet signed up for the Under the Wire mailing list yet, please do so here.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (707) 343-1478 or orders@bedrockwineco.com.

Best,
Morgan and Chris”