TN: 2018 Domaine Didier Fornerol Côte de Nuits Villages

What a difference almost a year has made with this wine. Bought a 4-pack from Crush in NYC based on a glowing note about the producer and how the wines are undervalued.

Gave it a flyer and opened a bottle in September of 2020, about a month after receipt.

It was hot garbage: band aid, an unpleasant funk and what little fruit was there tasted like a Nouveau Beaujolais. Pretty gross all around and when I inquired with Crush just about whether that was typical and bottles just needed time, they generously offered a full refund and to return the wines.

I hoped time in bottle would remedy the situation, blind faith, and wow has it. This bottle is a huge value and pretty wide open. Loaded with red berry fruit but balanced, with enough stuffing (tannin and acid) to age for a decade or so. Very lengthy finish with a touch of a nice savory note that adds complexity. (not brett)

Pop one if you have one.

Very interesting. I posted a picture of the 17 (delicious) on IG and multiple people told me to avoid the 18 (of course I had already bought it). Glad to hear they might be coming around.

I’ve had a few bottles of the white and I have enjoyed them. I think they were 16,17 but I can’t remember

Try before you go deep just in case there are bad bottles out there, but this was delicious.

1 Like

Bought an '18 in March and it was right in line with your second experience. Went relatively deep after that and have opened two since, both knockouts.