TNs: 2015 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast, 2017 Chanin Chardonnay Bien Nacido Vineyard

Got into some all-American wines this weekend (after a Riesling geek-out Thursday night- but that’s another story).
I pulled 4 domestic Chards from the cellar: Two CA and Two Oregon and had my wife pick two of the bottles to blind me on. I nailed both. Not so difficult when you know the bottles going in. Anyway, two nice Chardonnays.

• 2017 Chanin Chardonnay Bien Nacido Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (7/5/2021)
    Walks a nice line between California Chardonnay and Chablis. Next to the Kutch, this is rounder, more overtly Cali. Texture is a bit creamier. It doesn’t feel as wound up as my bottle last summer. Good balance of silky fruit and acid, with a real saline note that provides some umami character and pulls you back in for more. Good wine.
  • 2015 Kutch Chardonnay Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/4/2021)
    Remarkably consistent notes each of the past three summers on three bottles of this wine. There’s hints of flint and seashells and the palate is briny with tangy lemon tart notes. Comes across like young Chablis. Edgy. It is taught and clean, almost refreshing. Still feels youthful, which is what I said three years ago. Nice wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes