TN: 2006 Hospices de Beaune Meursault 1er Cru Charmes Cuvée Bahèzre de Lanlay Faiveley (Hospices Auction Group)

We opened this wine for my wife’s MAJOR birthday at Dubrovnik, a wonder restaurant in New Rochelle that specializes in fish. Color is maybe a tiny bit more golden that when it first showed up a decade ago, but you could tell it was sound just looking at it as the waiter poured it. Great depth of flavor fully integrated so no individual flavor stands out. Every bottle I have opened is better than the one before it. There is something about the flavor profile in Meursault that I can’t describe but is an obvious tell that has allowed me to pick it blind a few times. Minerality rather than fruit driven. Wonderful balance without too much acidity. I always thought that the oak was insignificant (others disagreed) but whatever there was is all gone now. If I could buy this, I would gladly drink it with my fish and seafood meals for another decade, and I think it will stand up to that much more age. No sign of oxidation at all. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes