Domaine Robert Arnoux Lachaux Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru "Les Suchots"

Hi Everyone,

What’s your opinion on Robert Arnoux Lachaux Vosne-Romanée “Les Suchots”? [cheers.gif]

Excellent wine, but insane pricing.

best of all the Suchots.

benchmark wine for Suchots, well situated good quality vines, which vintage(s) are you thinking of?

I agree it’s in the discussion of best with:

Comte Liger-Belair
Cathiard
Hudelot-Noellat

. . . but I don’t agree that it’s unequivocally “the best”. That would make a great tasting 3 vintages from each producer, flighted by vintage. I can provide a Cathiard, Hudelot-Noellat and an Arnoux champagne.gif

We visited in 01.
Different times…
Sigh

Yes. That no doubt has an effect for me. I bought Arnoux Suchots back in ‘98 and ‘00. Lovely wine. Not expensive. Current pricing feels criminal.

I was looking at 2014. flirtysmile

This is the wine that hooked me on red burgundy.

The ‘78 that is. Many many years ago. Sigh.

lovely wine

ok, will grant you that but for me it’s better than H-N. Haven’t had the other two. I’ve got 06 H-N and several Arnoux vintages.

I reckon Charles Lachaux is one of the very best maker’s of his generation. I wouldn’t be surprised if the wines are in DRC pricing territory in the not too distant future.

Should focus be on the son’s wines or are the father’s good too?

Father’s wines are very good too. They need time!

Just had an '07 a week ago in some very smart company. Excellent wine. Very complete. Easily mistaken for GC.

Agree, high quality, but price has gone thru the roof. Also not so happy with the style change

What is the “criminal” price you’re all referring to? I was offered 09 last year at $270 but sadly someone else got to it first. Was offered 17 at $550 but not from a typically sharp priced source.

I tried the 2006 H-N Suchots last year. Still not close to fully open.

Price increase of 100+ % over the last vintages off domaine … and the Reignots was 600.00 …

Isn’t he calling this GRAND Suchots now?